Payroll & Benefits Specialist/ ONSITE Houston/Upto $80K+Bonus
Company: Vaco Technology
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Summary / Responsibilities:The Payroll and Benefits
Specialist's (PBS) primary function is managing the accounting and
recordkeeping tasks related to compensation, benefits, and payroll
taxes. Duties include maintaining payroll data, preparing biweekly
and off-cycle compensation, updating relevant data, and
coordinating preparation of W-2s and other payroll or benefits
reporting.PBS will be the primary liaison to benefits providers
(health/dental/life insurance, retirement funds, HSA, etc.) To be
successful, the Payroll and Benefits Specialist must be unusually
detail oriented, accurate and able to work with both the human
resources and accounting teams.
- Administers payroll records for employee and makes changes to
deductions, tax status, and compensation as needed.
- Responds to employee inquiries in a timely manner and
trouble-shoots payroll and benefits concerns.
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and
deduct all garnishments and other payroll deductions; track and add
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll,
accounting, and other departments to ensure proper flow and
maintenance of employee data.
- Process reimbursements for compensation programs and
- Preforms year-end W-2 verification and mailing.
- Ensure tax information is correct and liaison with payroll
system contacts to ensure accurate and timely tax filings.
- Collaborate and partner with Human Resources regarding new
hires, terminations, and benefit deductions while ensuring
timeliness of submitting documents accurately.
- Process terminations, pay changes, and commissions as
- Stay current with local, state, and federal legal requirements
and government reporting regulations affecting human resources
functions and help ensure policies, procedures, and associated
actions are compliant.
- Conduct benefit orientation for new hires and track employee
eligibility for benefits.
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and
terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and
insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper
deductions. Serves as the Cobra Administrator for company.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews
billings for accuracy, codes, and advances for payment. Resolves
discrepancies with carriers, payroll, and the company. Coordinates
with insurance companies to resolve employee insurance issues.
Completes reports for management as requested.
- Assists Human Resources personnel with annual open enrollment
by helping produce and distribute information, communicating with
the carriers, and auditing enrollment information. Processes
changes within deadlines.
- Manage the year-end checklist in Paycom; coordinate across
Human Resources and accounting to ensure accuracy of information
and completion of checklist by vendor deadline.
- Manage day to day relationships with brokers and benefit
carriers to ensure proper and complete utilization of benefits for
all eligible employees.
- Maintains files in an organized and accessible manner to
include updating information, purging files on a regular basis, and
creating new filing systems as needed
- Provides administrative support for special projects to include
research, compiling data and preparation of summary reports based
on results.Education/Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- An Associates or Bachelors' degree in Accounting or Business is
- Prior experience in similar jobRequired Skills:
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Analytical Mindset
- Leadership Skills
- Customer Service & Diplomacy
- Adaptable & Stress Tolerant
- Capacity to solve complex problems
- Planning & Time Management
- High Computer Literacy
- HRIS Implementation
Keywords: Vaco Technology, Houston , Payroll & Benefits Specialist/ ONSITE Houston/Upto $80K+Bonus, Human Resources , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!