Residential Trainer - SAMA & CPR Training Provided
Company: BTTC Center
Location: East Bernard
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Residential Trainer Day 6:00am to 2:00pm for Behavior Treatment
and Training Center (BTTC) Role Responsibilities The Residential
Trainer (RT) works directly with children who have a diagnosis of
and intellectual and development disability and problem behaviors.
The RT must complete pre-service training, implements behavior
analysis programs and special treatment sessions as directed.
Provides frequent positive interactions with individuals and
conducts social skills educational, recreational and vocational
training. The RT is responsible for providing supervision, a safe
and pleasant environment for the individuals, meets specialized
needs and assists in transitioning persons served to discharge
placements. Residential Essential staff are required during
emergency events to ensure the operations of Texana Center continue
and ensure the safety and welfare of the individuals receiving
services from Texana Center. Subject to the approval of the BTTC
manager, the RT is selected by the Shift Supervisor and is
accountable to the Shift and Relief Supervisors of the BTTC.
- $15.00/hour Required Education and/or Certifications,
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Valid Texas Driver's license Preferred Education and/or
Certifications, Experience, Skills
- Experience and ability to work with others and to work
patiently and effectively with persons who exhibit challenging
behaviors and ability to manage such behaviors at BTTC as a
Residential Trainer in good standing.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities who
display aggressive and self-injurious behaviors. Job Related
- Ability to perform SAMA and CPR.
- Must be able to perform light (15lb), pushing, stooping, light
carrying (15lb), repeated bending, reaching above shoulder, simple
grasping, hearing, walking and sitting.
- Must have the ability to see, write, operate office equipment,
and operate motor vehicle and have depth perception.
- Qualified individual must be able to perform these functions
with or without reasonable accommodations. Texana Center is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BTTC Center, Houston , Residential Trainer - SAMA & CPR Training Provided, Human Resources , East Bernard, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!