IT Manager, SAP Governance, Security and Operations
Company: Engie North America
Posted on: February 16, 2020
At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a
platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United
States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration,
and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services
to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and
optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100
percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or
renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power
producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with
operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including
1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the
future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and
flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity
to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the
The Job: IT Manager, SAP Governance, Security and Operations
This strategic position will be responsible for SAP Governance,
Compliance and Audit, with a Focus on Role Design and on SOD
(Segregation of Duty) implementation.
In addition, this position will also be responsible for managing
outsourced hosting and BASIS operations. It will act as the single
point of contact for the Compliance, Infrastructure, IT Security
and Basis teams.
Houston, TX / IT & Digital
Salaried / Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Implement best practices for compliance, security and
resilience of SAP system
- Ensure that IT Compliance objectives are met by implementing
and optimizing IT control
- Support audits for successful outcome
- Automate processes such as Access provisioning/deprovisioning,
SSO, role assignment
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders - including internal
parties, external resources, regulatory bodies, and third-party
software vendors - to design, build, and rollout solution
- Drive timely resolution on issues and support tickets, actively
managing team efforts with Basis, Network, other IT groups,
functional teams and other vendors as needed
- Manage SAP GRC. Implement, maintain and run
- The Segregation of Duty (SOD) ruleset
- Fire Fighter access
- Access request workflows
- Design roles for S/4 and other SAP systems. Administer user
permissions as needed.
- Work in conjunction with the network and SAP basis teams to
tackle different problems through resolution.
- Leverage and manage outsourced resources as much as practical
for tactical activities.
- Comfortable working in a highly metricized environment, with
both IT and business functions
- Develop relationships with internal customers and other
stakeholder that is based on trust, transparency and a value-add
- This highly motivated individual should be ready to take upon
new assignments according to the business needs.
- Test and optimize HA (High Availability) and DR (Disaster
Recovery) as applicable
- Expert level designing, implementing and running SAP GRC based
solutions for SOD
- Must have hands-on experience managing security in SAP.
- Must have experience meeting internal and external IT audit
- Solid Experience implementing SSO technology
- Very strong analytical, problem solving skills, and
intellectual curiosity required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented
- Superior attention to detail and quality is a must
- Strong Documentation skills required
- Experience working with SAAS applications is preferred.
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal,
leadership skills are required
- Spanish and/or French are a plus
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in
the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work
authorization with this role.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a
high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor's Degree, Management Information Systems, Computer
science or related field.
- 10 years minimum or relevant experience
Work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United
States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and
employees are treated during employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic
information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition
team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must
be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North
Keywords: Engie North America, Houston , IT Manager, SAP Governance, Security and Operations, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!