Real Time Software Engineer - Guidance, Navigation and Control
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Boeing Defense, Space, & Security (BDS), Space and Launch
Division, International Space Station (ISS) program, is seeking a
qualified software engineer to develop innovative solutions to
complex problems. The successful candidate will--help design,
develop, implement, test and document software for the ISS
Guidance, Navigation and Control software.--Primary
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements,
algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components
into a fully functional software system.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test
environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test
results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Performs software project management and software supplier
- Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes,
tools and metrics.
- Executes and documents software research and development
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains,
system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to
ensure product and process conformance to project plans and
- Works under general direction.Work Authorization:The position
must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a ---US
Person--- as defined by 22 C.F.R. -- 120.15 is required. ---US
Person--- includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee,
or asylee.Basic Qualifications:
- This position requires the ability to obtain access to a
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility
- 5+ years of professional experience in Software
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Professional experience with Ada, C++, C#, and/or Java.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability
and desire to work in a team environment.
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3
or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
typically acquired through advanced technical education from an
accredited course of study in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5
or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination
of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years'
related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the
preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard.Relocation: This position does not offer relocation.--
Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own
expense.--Drug Free Workplace: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace
where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing
for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol
when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.--
Keywords: Boeing, Houston , Real Time Software Engineer - Guidance, Navigation and Control, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!