Field Service Engineer
Company: Fluence Analytics
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Fluence Analytics is a New Orleans and Houston based startup
company that delivers patented measurement products, data
analytics, and automation technologies in the $1 trillion per year
polymer industry and the $160 billion per year biopharma industry.
Our core technologies measurably and reliably impact our customers
production efficiency, R&D, safety, and profitability.
The successful field service engineer has worked on field
installations, startups and commissioning of instrumentation,
analyzers or other complex equipment in industrial environments.
This individual is highly motivated, an intuitive hands-on
troubleshooter, and is willing to go above and beyond to get things
done. Experience working with customers in high pressure situations
and ability to quickly solve unexpected issues is very important.
Background in either instrumentation, mechanical engineering,
chemical engineering, chemistry, automation and control systems
engineering are additional potential attributes of our ideal
candidate. This position, working at a fast paced startup, is ideal
for a self motivated individual looking for a challenge, a lot of
responsibility, autonomy and willing and able to pitch in where
they are needed.
What You Will Get To Do
- FIELD SERVICE AND SUPPORT ENGINEERING - Offsite, hands-on field
installation, startup, troubleshooting, commissioning, service and
support of company products for permanent or trial projects. Could
require extended (up to 80%) travel domestically and
- DOCUMENTATION - Works closely with engineering and
manufacturing team to plan the execution of builds, installations
and startups with customers. Also works closely with customer
and/or their engineering contractors during pre-installation all
the way through ongoing customer service and support. Documents all
aspects of work.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT - Remote and offsite customer support for
preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, customer personnel
training, etc. Review sensor and instrument data. Documentation of
all data, performance or customer issues. Work with the team on
training and/or design solutions to problems from field
- ASSEMBLY, TESTING AND CERTIFICATION - When onsite, works on
assembly of analyzer systems, quality control and factory
acceptance testing. Coordinates & prepares test documentation and
certifications to validate functionality and performance for
- PRODUCT ENGINEERING - When onsite, works with engineering team
to provide feedback on system performance in the field, encountered
issues, participate in design reviews, support R&D and
- 3+ years' work experience in field engineering or application
engineering roles. Ideally in petrochemical or related industrial
applications working in field installation, startup and
commissioning of process instrumentation, analyzers or other
- A.S. or B.S. in mechanical engineering, electrical, chemical
engineering, chemistry or very closely related technical discipline
with direct experience in fluidic systems, instrumentation and/or
analyzers. Or relevant experience.
- High mechanical, hands-on aptitude for fluidic, instrumentation
and/or analyzer equipment with demonstrated success working with
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment on multiple projects
- Previous roles working in or serving process industries or
similar industrial manufacturing environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Very good at
interacting with a team and with external stakeholders and
- Self motivated, organized, diligent and capable of doing
whatever it takes to complete projects, interact successfully with
customers and demonstrate value of our products.
- Experience working with contractors and vendors utilizing
clearly defined requirements.
Your bonus qualifications - a couple of these are a plus but not
- 5-7+ years in field service and support engineering roles.
Ideally in petrochemical or related applications working in field
installation, startup and commissioning of process instrumentation,
analyzers or other equipment.
- Knowledge of polymer applications and chemistry.
- Experience or general understanding of industrial automation
- Previous experience with sampling systems.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Stock options will be offered
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Holidays)
Keywords: Fluence Analytics, Houston , Field Service Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!