Company: Amsys Innovative Solutions
Posted on: February 23, 2021
POSITION SUMMARYThe low-voltage estimator will support our sales
team in developing cost estimates to design and install structured
cabling projects, CCTV, access control, and mission critical data
centers. Estimates must include all necessary materials, labor, and
engineering costs required to deliver a profitable job while
meeting or exceeding the customer's requirements. This position
will also handle the hand-off to the operations team and producing
and maintaining project documentation. Core Duties &
- Always maintain a safe and secure working environment. Follow
safe work practices and standards. Comply with all company and
worksite safety requirements.
- Promote company Core Values F.I.T (Family Innovation and
- Responds to RFPs and bid specifications, developing cost
estimates, predicting the project's duration, schedule, necessary
contingencies, and writing the scope of work.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with vendors
- Assists the sales organization by attending pre-bid meetings,
site-walks, and documenting site conditions to develop accurate
project cost estimates.
- Reads and understands blueprints.
- Estimates the amount and type of materials required to meet the
- Recommends vendors and materials to obtain the best solution,
most competitive price, and appropriate lead-times.
- Accurately estimates the labor and project management time for
- Ensures timely completion of and meets bid schedules and
- Attends customer de-scope meetings and can articulate the best
- Acts as liaison between sales, project management, and
operations to effectively transition projects and work towards
- Continues to learn other technologies, as directed by client
- Contributes to vendor/product selection research, installation
standards, and best practices.
- Educates our sales teams on industry products and
services.POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education:
- High School Diploma or GED required Associate's/Bachelor's
Degree is preferred.
- RCDD is preferredKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Must have the proven ability to design, engineer, estimate, and
develop a written and graphical representation of the company's
proposed solutions utilizing the company's software resources.
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated detail orientation.
- Proficient with reading and understanding blueprints of
building floor plans and construction designs.
- Demonstrated and effective communication and interpersonal
- Strong ability to work in teams and communicate with
- Industry Certifications preferred (RCDD, Manufacturer,
- Knowledge of Cabling Standards (EIA/TIA, BICSI)
- Audio/Visual and Security Experience a plus
- Minimum of three (3) years' progressive experience estimating
large scale new commercial construction projects and
- Structured Cabling/Low Voltage industry experience
- 2019 Auto CAD and/or Revit experience preferred - provided by
Keywords: Amsys Innovative Solutions, Houston , Cable Estimator, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!