Energy Project Developer/Engineer - Hunton Services
Company: The Hunton Group
Posted on: February 23, 2021
We offer a well-rounded benefits package that includes medical,
dental, vision after 60 days, and 10 paid holidays. A 401(k) plan,
life insurance, and short and long-term disability are available
after 90 days. Hunton Services is seeking to hire an
innovative--Energy Project Developer/Engineer to serve as the
primary technical resource to the Business Development and Project
Delivery teams. The Energy Project Developer/Engineer will be
responsible for identifying and understanding the mechanical,
electrical, utility and energy related equipment and systems within
a prospective customer's facility. In this role, the selected
candidate will develop comprehensive and cost-effective technical
solutions to increase the operational efficiency of the facility by
providing ongoing technical consultation and designing Energy
Conservation Measures (ECMs) to facilitate the sales/business
development process, ensure smooth installations and achieve
identified energy savings for the customer. This candidate should
have a strong "airside" background and be interested in data
analysis. Core Responsibilities:
- Responsible for helping to achieve annual sales volume as
determined by manager & leadership.
- Support project managers and field teams with technical
- Develop innovative solutions that bring additional value to the
- Stay abreast of current technologies and industry trends.
- Identify and utilize software modeling tools.
- Utilize cloud tools such as Microsoft Teams & SharePoint for
- Frequent travel throughout southeast Texas
- Periodic overnight travel
- Work with the Sales Teams to understand customer's facility
improvement needs and qualify the opportunity.
- Analyze customer utility bills to identify and quantify the
potential for facility energy savings, through Energy Star
baselining or other means.
- Conduct facility surveys of HVAC, electrical, and building
envelope systems and equipment to identify and document operating
performance defects and inefficiencies.
- Identify and quantify facility improvement and Energy
- Coordinate site visits with potential vendors, suppliers, and
subcontractors as it pertains to the development of ECMs.
- Assist with the creation of financial models based on customer
budgets, anticipated savings and the proposed ECMs.
- Assess and communicate project risks to Management.
- Develop and document a detailed scope of work with project
- Write technical narratives & executive summary's for customer
- Write detailed technical reports as required to attain outside
funding including technical narratives of proposed improvements and
- Lead customer meetings to deliver presentations and explain
- Research facility mechanical and electrical systems, in
collaboration with site engineers, through all available
information including: shop drawings, control drawings, and
as-built drawings;--Building Automation Systems,--building
schedules or use patterns.
- Consult with facilities staff, building trades, and head
engineers in each building to determine and document existing
needs, concerns, goals, and suggested modifications; condition of
mechanical and electrical systems; operational procedures and
schedules; any unique building requirements.--
- Perform detailed survey of pre-qualifications including use of
data loggers, and testing equipment to determine the current
condition, operation, and efficiency of building systems
- Perform detailed & traceable calculations related to the
expected operational savings after improving the building's systems
through replacement or refurbishment; retro-commissioning; controls
optimization; distributed generation; demand response; renewable
- BS degree in Engineering.
- 5-10 years of construction or engineering related work
- PE license is a requirement for this position. Applicants
should be at least an EIT with a plan for earning their PE within 1
year of onboarding.
- Mastery of HVAC fundamentals including psychrometrics, load
estimating, equipment selection, and system design.
- Knowledge of Trane and competing equipment.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) status is desired.
- Retro-Commissioning Certification from ASHRAE, NEBB, etc is
- Knowledge of local and state energy design standards & building
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, work well with others, and have
- Clean driving record and reliable personal vehicle. Apply Now *
Fields Are Required What is your full name? First Name How can we
contact you? Email Phone Number Number Type What is your preferred
method of communication?
Keywords: The Hunton Group, Houston , Energy Project Developer/Engineer - Hunton Services, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!