Technical Project Manager IV - SCRUM
Company: Black Knight Financial Technology Solutions
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Position: Technical Project Manager IV - SCRUM Job Description:
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology,
services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to
first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our
deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements
the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our
clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading
software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information
solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business
processes across the mortgage life cycle. JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for all aspects of assigned technical projects.
Projects may be focused on:
- Software development of new and existing applications for Black
Knight's Data & Analytics division
- Internal information system-specific projects that may involve
the development or enhancement of internal applications, technology
integration, and/or infrastructure environment build-out
- Delivery by service teams for outsourced solutions to external
- Delivery of new or enhanced products and/or services to improve
customer satisfaction through the use of technology, which may
include customizations to base products to meet client
requirements, system integration with other Black Knight or
third-party products, or consulting projects and engagements.
- Typically involves extensive interactions with product
development, sales, client relationship teams, technology
solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from
initiation through delivery.
- Manages project initiation activities that include identifying
contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing
situation, necessary contacts, and access to existing information
- Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to
operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document
exceptions as appropriate.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope,
activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Identifies needed resources for projects; defines and assigns
major project roles.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members,
other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor
organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project
completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the
appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Assigns and monitors work of project team, providing technical
and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external
clients or field- based employees on technical matters as
- Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress
to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are
achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as
- May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks, and
track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate
for the project.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in
internal organizations as well as in client and
vendor/subcontractor organizations, to ensure all project targets
and requirements are met.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to
technical and business groups in Black Knight and/or in client
- Conducts project closure activities to formalize and
communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and
ongoing activities to accountable teams, and complete a
post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- May oversee other project management staff members, and may
coach or mentor junior project management and support staff.
- May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific
projects that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops
and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or
areas for improvement and recommends and implements solutions.
- Some travel may be required.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned. EDUCATIONAL
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business
Administration or the equivalent combination of education,
training, or work experience. A strong technical background is
required to manage technical projects and handle competing
- Active PMP certification strongly preferred; however, active
pursuit of PMP or having the equivalent level of education and
experience for the job level accepted. Other certifications such as
PgMP or PfMP are a plus.
- Active PMI-ACP or CSM certifications are also strongly
preferred but not required. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes,
procedures and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Public Record Data, Title or Real Estate is a
- Knowledge of the industry project management best
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, hybrid)
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to
manage projects (e.g., TFS, MS Project, Jira) strongly
- Experience managing software development projects strongly
- Knowledge of mortgage and financial services industry a
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement
when there are widely-differing viewpoints.
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management
and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and
build high morale among team members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments
that are sensitive in nature. Project Manager IV - Technical
Expert/lead role. Expert knowledge of project management and
advanced technical knowledge. Works on complex assignments that
involve a high degree of risk, impacts to business unit performance
and makes use of the individual's high level of knowledge within
the technical project management specialty. May coach and/or mentor
more junior project management and support staff. Generally manages
very large projects or medium client programs (i.e., approximately
30,000 to 100,000 project hours with a team of 60 to 150 team
members, an internal cost of $3,000,000 to more than $5,000,000,
and a project duration of 6 to 18 months) of high risk, high
complexity, high client and/or Black Knight visibility, and the
relationship is strategic to the Black Knight portfolio. Works
without supervision on the most complex projects. Complete latitude
for independent judgment. Typically requires more than ten (10)
years of work experience managing technical projects in financial
services or a related industry OR in a related technical field
(e.g., application development, technology integration, business
analysis, client technology consulting) OR an equivalent
combination of education and experience. Black Knight is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected
veteran or military family status. Our employees' diversity is our
strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better
and brighter. Black Knight's commitment to inclusion is at the core
of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and
every day. Location: Jacksonville, FL Time Type: Full time
Keywords: Black Knight Financial Technology Solutions, Houston , Technical Project Manager IV - SCRUM, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!