Jr. Software Developer (Asset Suite)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Job Description: Are you interested in improving and
shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Jr. Software Developer
who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment
for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an
Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans,
Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in
all areas of IT operations since the client's first outsourcing
engagement over 20 years ago.Leidos has an opening for a Jr.
Software Developer who is highly motivated, responsible and
detailed oriented. The successful candidate will be part of a team
supporting a long-term program for an Investor Owned Utility
client. The position requires working directly with client
customers to provide world-class application support for multiple
utility company applications. The successful candidate will design,
develop, deploy and support technical solutions in a collaborative
team environment. The successful candidate will support and enhance
existing applications as well as develop new applications to meet
organizational goals and objectives. The candidate must be familiar
with all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual
capable of performing in a fast-paced team environment, as well as
interacting effectively with key customers and users.Location:
Looking for someone in the New Orleans, LA, Little Rock, AR or The
Woodlands, TX area. Role is currently remote, however once COVID
restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the
office/client site.Note: On call rotation and evening/weekend work
may be required.Responsibilities:
- Provide technical application support for client-server, web,
and cloud-based applications.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues in highly interconnected
and integrated enterprise applications.
- Work directly with technical and non-technical customers.
- Develop, test, and deploy enhancements to existing systems
while working with key customers, other team members, and
- Gather software application requirements through interactions
with business users
- Collaborate with business analyst team members to identify gaps
and dependencies in requirements across applications and
- Manage and communicate requirements throughout the software
development lifecycle, including requirements prioritization,
requirements changes, and conflict resolution.
- Support the organization during User Acceptance Testing to
ensure solutions meet the business requirements and help determine
the most appropriate actions to address problems identified through
project testing or other assessment efforts.
- Work directly with client customers to provide world-class
application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- 1+ year of experience working on a support or development
- Data skills (Oracle, PL/SQL)
- Crystal Report Development and Troubleshooting
- Web Service Development
- Experience with ServiceNOW (SNOW) is a plus
- Must have experience in analyzing, developing, testing, and
deploying software solutions
- Strong communication (written and oral), documentation skills
and interpersonal skills
- The passion and drive to expand coding skills
- Ability to work in a fast, paced environment and perform duties
without direct supervision.
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment and
collaborate with others
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize
and coordinate multiple tasks to ensure project deadlines are
- Proficiency with all or some of the following: MS Office Suite
including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio Pay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Houston , Jr. Software Developer (Asset Suite), IT / Software / Systems , Spring, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!