Senior SQL Applications Engineer
Company: Request Technology, LLC
Posted on: June 25, 2022
***We are unable to sponsor for this permanent full-time
role******Position is bonus eligible***Prestigious Global Firm is
currently seeking a Senior Applications Engineer with strong
Microsoft, Windows, and SQL experience. Candidate analyzes,
evaluates and implements business systems and technical processes
to support the Finance, Risk and Litigation & Practice Technology
departments. This position requires a blend of functional
understanding with technical proficiency to deliver leadership,
guidance and innovative solutions to meet the business needs of our
organization. Candidate provides a deep understanding of
applications and how they are being used and integrated. This
position is responsible for ensuring the accurate documentation of
the specific application environments, performing troubleshooting
to resolve application issues, performing application maintenance
and upgrade processes, coordination of the installation,
integration and provides overall general support of business
applications and data.Responsibilities:
- Provide Level 3 operational or systematic support and
maintenance for the Firm s Financial, Risk and Litigation &
Practice technology departmental applications; in some specific
cases, Level 2 support may be required. Investigates operational or
systematic problems and provides resolution using routine
analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Coordinate and implement new components and upgrades to
departmental applications. This includes coordination, integration
and support of business applications and data. The position will be
instrumental in systems upgrades and conversions and actively
manage the relationship with various non-IT business
- Adhere to the Firm s Security and Governance requirements
across all administered applications.
- Collaborate with professionals at all levels of the
- Utilize SQL query tools to perform frequent data analysis
across various systems, providing clear and accurate data to
- Adhere to the Firm s IT Service Delivery standards and Change
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting and configuration
documentation for administered systems.
- Develop or enhance quality control reports and electronic
monitoring to assure regulatory and data quality compliance.
- Collaborate with business users in designing and implementing
analytics to help them interpret their data in order to make better
- Write functional and technical specifications including
application design changes and integrations for development.
- Gather information, design, develop, test and implement
high-quality, user-friendly solutions to meet the Firm s goals and
- Provide 24x7 operational support. On-call support
responsibilities are rotated among the members of the Finance, Risk
and Litigation Applications team.Qualifications:
- The Applications Engineer 2 must have a BA/BS in computer
science, related field, or equivalent experience with 5+ years
experience of application support/configuration in a legal
- The ideal candidate must have good judgment, problem-solving,
oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as
the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and build positive
working relationships. In addition, candidates must be
self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively
prioritize competing demands.
- Experience with SQL Query is required.
- Experience with Financial, Risk and Litigation applications
such as Elite 3E, e-Billing Hub, e-Plus Purchasing, Paperless
Proforma, Relativity, Intapp Products (Open, Conflicts, Terms,
Time, Walls) is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Powershell scripting is
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Windows Server and Desktop operating system environments.
Keywords: Request Technology, LLC, Houston , Senior SQL Applications Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!