Remote Mainframe / WebSphere Eng 5538
Company: TCI Technology Consulting Inc
Posted on: June 25, 2022
TCI has an immediate need for a Remote Mainframe / WebSphere
Engineer in Eagan, MN. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is
a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of becoming
permanent. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI
provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental
Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
benefits.Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and
a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.Client located in
Eagan, MN. Remote candidates will be consideredSUMMARYThe Mainframe
/ WebSphere Engineer will be required to provide technical
solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions
must be imaginative, thorough, practical, and consistent with
- Troubleshooting WebSphere application server issues
- Performing WebSphere MQ changes on z/OS and hands on MQ OC
- Configuring IBM ODM Rule Execution Server on WebSphere
Application Server for z/OS.
- Opening Service Requests/PMRs and closely worked with IBM on
- Defining WLM Service and Transaction classes for WebSphere
- Ensures the accurate and timely completion of mainframe
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 9 years of experience is
preferred, 14 years technical experience in lieu of degree will be
- Experience should include object-oriented applications and
working with multiple technologies such as relational or object
oriented databases, or other processing such as WebSphere, Apache,
IIS, network management and internet technologies such as HTTP,
HTML5, CGI, and SSL
- Experience in WebSphere, Apache, and Portal Server environment
- WebSphere / Apache Administration and environment
- Installing and Configuring WebSphere Application Server, IBM
WebSphere and HTTP servers on z/OS environment.
- Strong experience with WebSphere application server on z/OS,
IBM MQ and WebSphere web server
- Working with Security and system Teams to enable Security on
WebSphere and mainframe self-service for mainframe users
- Experience with security, RACF working with operations,
application development teams
- Setting up WebSphere optimized local adapters (WOLA) connection
on WebSphere z/OS.
- Tuning WebSphere Application Server to run Java Batch
- Applying WebSphere Application Server fix packs.
- Strong experience with UNIX shell script development and proven
ability to build and execute plans for batch cycle processing
- Scripting for automated deployment and software
- Strong understanding of networking (firewalls, routers)
- Experience with various server and log monitoring tools (IBM
QRADAR, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience with DB2
- Familiarity Java and java script Programming
- Strong knowledge of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
and WebSphere is required
- Knowledge of Markup Language (XML) and Simple Object Access
Protocol (SOAP) is preferred
- Hands on experience with MQ z/OS and familiar with MQ Explorer,
MQ z/OS Panels.
- Work on MQ and WAS Integration and familiar with Bindings and
- Work with Global Security, SSL, SAF Keyrings and Hardware
- Infrastructure architecture design from Development through to
- Installing resource adapters and enabling WOLA.
- Deploying Java EAR files.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Public
Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
Keywords: TCI Technology Consulting Inc, Houston , Remote Mainframe / WebSphere Eng 5538, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!