Software Engineer - Back End (Remote Option)
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: June 25, 2022
What You'll Do...
- Build the possibilities. We're growing our technology team and
are searching for a Software Engineer to help us modernize our
software architecture in our Financial Services team. When you join
us, you'll use your technical expertise to design, develop, and
maintain applications and products that support H&R Block
business applications and transform our technology. You'll serve as
the lead role for day-to-day functional tasks in the team,
developer support, and maintaining the development environment.
Ready to innovate and solve problems in new ways? Join us.
What You'll Do As a Software Engineer---
Works closely with senior, lead or principal software engineer to
design, develop and maintain software components and products that
support H&R Block business applications.
- Uses tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to
develop new product features and maintain year over year product
functionality and enhancements.
- Creates and executes unit tests and addresses defects.
- Works closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure
consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
- Designs, develops and maintains software components
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of
- Participates in technical design and code reviews for all new
enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
- Understands business and functional requirements and produces
technical specifications and product requirements.
- Creates, maintains and executes unit test and alpha test
- Maintains and improves current knowledge on the latest
technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language,
design methodology, third-party development tools, application
platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
What You'll Bring To The Team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.Work
- 3 years Minimum related work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Azure SQL DB, SQL
server and SQL database concepts
- Experience in writing T-SQL script, stored procedures,
- Experience developing ETL processes via Azure Data Factory and
- Experience with data feed exception processing and monitoring
- Understanding of Dev Ops processes and Agile software
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot file errors and
dependencies based on client and business impact and
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
Keywords: H&R Block, Houston , Software Engineer - Back End (Remote Option), IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!