Field Service Technologist
Company: Enbridge Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Posting End Date:
August 07, 2022
This is a non-union position
Salary is based upon experience ($75,000 - $100, 000 per annum)
Are you a dedicated field technologist with a dedication to safety
and experience in Power Operations?
We are looking for a Field Service Technologist - Power to join our
The role is responsible for identification and resolution of
sources of equipment unreliability and failures through integrity
inspections and equipment failure remediations.
You will represent Enbridge Power Engineering interests within many
multi-functional internal and external parties that may include
Partners, Plant managers and Technicians, Vendors, Equipment
manufacturers in the process of resolving equipment issues.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? We would love to hear
from you. Apply today!
What You Will Do:
* Review maintenance reports, Conditioning Monitoring System
alerts, borescope reports and oil/grease fluid sample results and
propose follow-up actions, if required
* Prepare and maintain clear documentation showing reviews
completed, deficiencies noted, and recommendations made
* Build, review and modify processes as well as SOPs for operation,
service, maintenance and other advanced tasks in Vestas wind
* Collaborate with Reliability Engineering team to identify and
evaluate new technologies or work methodologies that may be
integrated into the Vestas platforms to improve reliability and/or
* Coach, coordinate, and document work performed during
installation of parts and completion of certain tasks during
service, maintenance, and installation of wind turbine components
to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and standards and in
accordance with OEM user documentation
* Provide first-level response / Tier-1 support for wind turbine
equipment issues. This includes remote support and in-person
diagnosis such as completing borescopes etc.
* Support the execution of asset integrity plans e.g., support by
completing borescope inspections
* Coordinate resources, supervise and provide quality assurance
support for all engineering services field work on Vestas platform
to ensure compliance with specifications, codes and industry
Who You Are:
* College diploma preferably in applied mechanical, electrical, and
hydraulics experience or mix of equivalent education and
* Minimum 5 years of applied wind turbine experience across Vestas
* Detailed knowledge of wind turbine related systems, including,
hydraulics, gearboxes, blades, electrical and mechanical
* Unwavering dedication to providing a safe, incident-free work
* Working experience of maintenance scheduling, availability
reporting, inventory management, on-time performance requirements
and site supervision
* Working knowledge of fluid analysis and vibration monitoring
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
interpersonal skills required
* Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as
Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, Wind Turbine SCADA Systems, Turbine
Software Uploading, Maintenance Management Programs
* Understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and
* Ability to operate and maintain various tools and equipment
including ability to grip and manually manipulate, often with
repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools,
turbine parts and comfort working in confined spaces and at heights
over 100 meters
* Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
* Highly motivated and able to work and produce results
independently with minimal guidance
Working Conditions :
* Office environment with up to 30% travel to field locations to
perform or monitor and observe work performed.
* This location requires ability to work in adverse outdoor weather
conditions in temperatures greater than 35C and lower than
* Environment is fast-paced, and work based with competing
deadlines to support aggressive operating reliability and cost
Physical Requirements include but are not limited to:
* Must meet requirements of fit for work which includes, but is not
limited to, demonstrating hand, arm, back and leg coordination
needed to ascend and descend a wind tower and aligning with a
weight restriction of 132 kg (or 290lb) total climbing weight.
Employee understands that these requirements may be modified at the
* Applicant must be able to climb vertical stationary ladders
inside wind turbine towers to heights greater than 250 feet. and
have the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged
periods of time.
* Grasping, kneeling, light - moderate lifting (objects up to 45
pounds), reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, sitting,
standing, visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color
coding, read fine print), hearing requirement.
Mental Requirements include but are not limited to:
Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
instructions or other information, understand sophisticated
problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize
thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, coordinate and
prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions
which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor
impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions
and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines,
memoranda and basic reports and connect with individuals via
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to
providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals,
without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native
American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can
request accessible formats, communication supports, or other
accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information For Applicants:
* Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system
* We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only
those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
* Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a
security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com
Keywords: Enbridge Inc., Houston , Field Service Technologist, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!