Senior Software Design Engineer
Company: Thrustmaster of Texas
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We are in search for an Senior Software Design Engineer who will
be responsible for configuration, testing, upgrade, and maintenance
of software and computer systems for dynamic positioning systems
with interfaces to a variety of sensors and position reference
systems. The DP system is a computerized control platform utilized
in position and heading control of marine vessels through
controlling propellers, rudders, thrusters, and power management of
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES---
- Development of Dynamic Positioning products for existing and
new market segments.
- In-House configuration of Dynamic Positioning System software
deliveries for new build and upgrade of projects, including
conducting FATs together with clients and regulatory.
- Update software and hardware systems, including a selection of
suitable computers, adaptation to newly developed reference sensor
systems as well as other interfaces.
- Upgrading DP systems to continue support and extend the life of
existing DP equipment.
- Prepare test procedures and instructions for proper
installation of new dynamic positioning systems and associated
auxiliaries, including reference systems, UPS's, power supplies,
interfaces with vessel propulsion systems, control cabinets,
monitoring equipment, event logs, printers, etc.
- Development of new simulation tools and models.
- Provide training to Field Service Technicians, in-house as well
as onboard customer vessels.
- Provide customers with phone and remote support in
troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues on ships
- Provide service technicians/service agents with telephone and
remote support in troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues on
- Work with Marine Classification Societies to obtain Class
approvals of new systems, and new components and software.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance in the assessment and
specification of quality plans and processes in accordance with
ISO-9001:2015, regulatory, or classification requirements.
- Manage DP system software documentation, revisions, and
- Create and maintain vessel images, backups, software archiving,
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the
- Bachelor of Science in Electric or Electrical Engineering, or
7-years of equivalent education, training and experience. -
- Competence on ship control (guidance and navigation), power
systems, and ship operations. -
- Mathematical modelling and simulation (time domain) of ships
and ship systems. -
- Advanced C++ programming skills.
- Java programming skills. -
- Matlab / Simulink competence. -
- A team player, agile and proactive. -
- Solution oriented and enjoys technical challenges. -
- Experience in troubleshooting software and electrical control
- Master or Bachelor of Science in Software in Electric or
Electrical Engineering or 15 years of equivalent education,
training, and experience in Software Engineering. -
- Fifteen years' experience in writing software programming in
- Knowledge of dynamic positioning of marine vessels. -
- Familiarity of Marine Classification Rules and Standards. -
- Experience in Marine Control applications. -
-For additional information on our unique and innovative company,
please visit our website at www.thrustmaster.net. - -
Thrustmaster of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a
competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, dental
coverage and a 401(K) retirement plan in an exciting work
Keywords: Thrustmaster of Texas, Houston , Senior Software Design Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!