Senior Software Engineer - Remote
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We are a hybrid, remote-office company dedicated to growing our
talent anywhere!At MetaBank, we take tremendous pride in our
mission to create financial inclusion for all. We are a financial
enablement company who works with innovators to increase financial
availability, choice, and opportunity for all. - We strive to
remove barriers that traditional institutions put in the way of
financial access, and promote economic mobility by providing
responsible, secure, high quality financial products that
contribute to the social benefit of communities at the core of the
real economy. -We are a team of problem solvers and innovators who
celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives
make us stronger and well-positioned for success. - We celebrate,
and embrace, our team members through our *HUMBLE*HUNGRY*SMART
approach, and we believe that we are strongest when we embrace the
voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities
we serve. -About the Role:As a leader in the Software Engineering
department, the Senior Software Engineer is a Software Developer
who has strong professional experience using the technologies in a
technical stack. The Senior Software Engineer will work as part of
a team and be required to perform all duties of software
development including design, development, testing, and
documentation.What You Will Do:
- Develop flexible, maintainable solutions using the guidelines
of requirements and standard practices with efficiency and
- Solve complex development problems through the use of good
design and practical experience.
- Review, modify, enhance, and maintain existing systems by
fixing issues, remediating security vulnerabilities, and improving
- Participate in planning and user story analysis by providing
feedback and demonstrating an understanding of user
- Lead and contribute to the design of software while using best
practices and standards.
- Solve business problems by implementing technical solutions
based on solid design principles and best practices.
- Actively participate in and follows software development
processes and procedures.
- Identify and contribute to opportunities for departmental
improvements through Knowledge Center participation and other
- Document software changes, best practices, and standards.
- Mentor staff by assisting in answering questions, providing
technical advice and issue resolution.
- May contribute as a subject matter expert (SME) in either
technical or business areas.
- Keep up to date with current and future changes in tools,
technology, programming best practices, and industry standards
through training and development opportunities.
- Lead learning and training opportunities for other team members
- Emphasizes continuous learning and development to ensure you
are providing up to date and informed technical solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of professional software design and development
- General knowledge the software development lifecycle,
preferably Agile/Lean or Scrum preferred.
- Mobileweb/ mobile development experience preferred
- Experience with the following technologies is expected, but not
all are required: General knowledge of
- .NET, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Classic ASP, VB Script, Entity
MSMQ, NServiceBus, Talend/Snowflake/AWS, Visual Studio, Team
Foundation Server, Git, or other source control tools
- The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive and may
be changed at any time.Don't have everything listed under
qualifications? Studies have shown that women and people of color
are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single
condition. At Pathward, we are dedicated to building a diverse and
inclusive culture of belonging, so if you're excited about this
role but your experiences don't match exactly to everything in the
posting we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right
candidate for this or other Pathward roles.Who we are: -Our
commitment to inclusion is woven into our DNA. We believe that we
are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees,
customers, partners, and the communities we serve. -We are
committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran,
or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: MetaBank, Houston , Senior Software Engineer - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!