Senior Software Engineer, Graphics
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Mozilla Firefox Graphics Team is a highly talented group of
engineers dedicated to improving the visual experience of Firefox.
We are the team responsible for rendering content and UI of the
browser, decoding images, canvas, WebGL, and painting and
compositing everything you see on the screen. Are you a highly
technical and effective engineer with experience in GPU operations
for 2D/3D rendering, game development and fast video playback? Do
you enjoy collaborating with experienced, committed engineers to
help bring the Open Web to millions of people? If so we'd love to
hear from you!
The Graphics Team supports everything revolving around painting
content to the screen in Firefox on Android, Windows, macOS, and
Linux desktops, so we welcome broad experience across different
In This Role, You Will
- Implement improvements in performance of the WebGPU engine used
- Write software in Rust and C++, including tests and
- Investigate and propose solutions and architectural changes to
improve performance, reliability and reduce power usage.
- Support the Graphics team where and as needed.
- Work closely with other teams within Mozilla and outside of
- Participate in regular code reviews.
- Have knowledge of a range of Graphics APIs and shader
- Have knowledge of GPU architectures and design.
- Be proficient in C++ and strong working knowledge of Rust.
- Be a phenomenal teammate.
- Have strong debugging and optimization skills in a
- Have at least five years of experience as a software
It helps if you already have experience with, or are keen to learn
- Helping and mentoring other team members in your areas of
- Working in a diverse community spanning many regions and
- Open source collaboration tools.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource
accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better
than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give
yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users
everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your
life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform
and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and
forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core
mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members
of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not
limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with
disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender
identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion
(including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender
identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy,
ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation,
age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status,
citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis
covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics
or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1854
Keywords: Mozilla, Houston , Senior Software Engineer, Graphics, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!