Posted on: September 24, 2022
At DIRECTV, we're connecting the world through the latest tech,
top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment.
Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions
deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to
millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big
idea could be our newest innovation. Here's your opportunity to
combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to
transform our company and your career.
Here's what you'll do:
As part of a team dedicated to DIRECTV's streaming applications,
you'll have a direct impact on the consumer entertainment streaming
experience. We provide solutions for content protection (DRM),
advertisements, and real-time analytics of the video playback
experience. Our apps interact with many different external systems
to provide a consistent playback experience across multiple devices
This position is targeted for a senior React Native web application
developer. There is opportunity to work on multiple platforms.
You'll be working with the best and brightest minds at DIRECTV,
building the next video platform that will power the DIRECTV STREAM
player for years to come. Combine your development skills with the
latest technologies and come work as a software engineer on the
Client Application team here at DIRECTV.
Here's what you'll need (Required):
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related Field
- 4+ years Web Application Development
- 8+ years Development Experience
- Core CS Skills and understanding of control flow
- Good understanding of async/await/promises Preferred Skills:
- iOS development - Objective C/Swift
- Android Development - Java for mobile development
- AWS Experience for Cloudfront, S3, following best practices for
Progressive Web App content-serving infrastructure
- Typescript Do you have what it takes?
- The ability to work with sensitive and confidential
- Strong teamwork skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about
the project or product being developed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software This
position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Click here for additional information.
This position can earn between $105,000 - $210,100, not to mention
all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers.
From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off,
to discounts on products and services, just to name a few. There is
a lot to be excited about around here!
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2022, 7:52:07 PM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager
Keywords: DIRECTV, Houston , Senior-Applications Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!