Technical Manager (Cullen Performance Hall)
Company: Houston Journal of Health Law & Policy
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Technical Manager will serve as House Manager and coordinate
all details relating to front and back of house as well as ongoing
theater maintenance. Responsible for the scheduling, advancing and
management of all technical production related elements for the
performances that take place at Cullen Performance Hall, including
ensuring that all equipment used in the Performance Hall is
compliant with industry and government safety regulations.
- Coordinates with university organizations and external
promoters regarding lighting, sound and related technical
requirements and event planning needs for productions in the Cullen
- Oversees and directs the maintenance and operation of
production equipment and supervises all technical and performance
- Develops and submits production budgets to the Cullen Theater
Director for inclusion in contracts with university organizations
and external promoters.
- Generate and maintain comprehensive production files.
- Conducts regular condition assessments on existing technical
equipment in the Cullen Performance Hall and uses condition
assessments to make recommendations and oversees the equipment
preventative maintenance and repairs
- Inspects event and room setups for adherence to client needs
and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Prepares staff schedules and work plans and supervises set up,
operation and tear down crews.
- Manages inventory of production equipment and supplies.
- Develops technical specifications for equipment needed in the
Cullen Performance Hall. Serves as the project contact for
production and technical related projects in the Cullen Performance
Hall. Oversees and manages the stagehand contract. Performs other
job-related duties as assigned.
18 months and 5 years experience
Requires specialized training in basic trades, principles,
procedures, practice, routines or techniques in a specific area or
trade which might normally be acquired through up to 18 months of
education or training beyond the high school level. Vocational
competence in the operation of mechanical or electronic equipment
may be required.Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly
Keywords: Houston Journal of Health Law & Policy, Houston , Technical Manager (Cullen Performance Hall), IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!