Senior Lab Planner - Science+Technology
Posted on: January 28, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:Are you committed to
Do you thrive in an environment of collaboration?
Do you have a passion for sustainability?
Do you show a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurship?If
yes, join us to change the world through design!As a -Senior Lab
Planner on the Perkins&Will Houston team, you will be
responsible for -assisting the laboratory project planning effort
toward the successful completion of complex technology facilities;
provides overall programming, master planning, lab design planning;
communicates with clients/user groups to understand project
requirements.Essential Job Functions
- Provides advanced technical knowledge in the laboratory
planning and programming of various sized academic and corporate
research, biotech, life sciences, animal facilities, or other
emerging technical facilities. cGMP and high containment experience
is a plus.
- Provides technical planning expertise and leadership for
laboratory facilities in the areas of programming, design, fit-out
planning, equipment planning, MEP systems integration planning
casework specification and construction administration
- Lead user group meetings (heads of departments, specialists,
etc.) to collect program needs for laboratory specifications in
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients' program
requirements and standards and policies for completion.
- Assists in the design development, modification and/or review
of laboratory planning concepts and solutions.
- Assists in developing project scope, plan, and services during
the contract process.
- Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for
clients, designers and project team members.
- Assists in establishing overall project budgets and milestone
schedules in coordination with project manager and project
- Communicates planning concepts to project teams, both verbally
and through graphic and written reports.
- Develops architectural drawings and specifications to
communicate planning concepts for project documentation and
- Anticipates and develops solutions to technical and design
problems following established standards.
- Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project. May lead this
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with existing
and potential clients.
- Participates in selected marketing and business development
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, may
participate in professional development reviews and "Lessons
- Actively seeks new knowledge in the design and planning of
laboratories within technical facilities.
- May lead periodic project meetings and presentations; ensure
client is adequately briefed on project progress.
- Participates actively in the firm-wide Science + Technology
- Assists in the development of standard materials that describe
the portfolio, systems, processes and people of the
- Assures document standards are met and archives documents
- Sets up project team software parameters and manages
- Actively participates in industry associations, make
presentations and write articles to ensure visibility.EXPERIENCE
- 15+ years of Science +Technology Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture required with laboratory
design as main area focus of study.
- Requires 5 plus year's progressive experience focused on
programming and planning of all phases of a variety of laboratory
types such as: vivarium, biocontainment, research, teaching
(science), pharmaceutical, public health, clinical.
- Process, manufacturing and high containment facilities
experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates creativity, passion and interest in design and
planning of laboratories within technical facilities.
- Knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements for
- Knowledge of laboratory programming delivery and how design
impacts those systems - including space, operational, and equipment
programming, as well as MEP systems and casework.
- Knowledge of laboratory planning, design, construction
documents, construction administration
- and project construction cost control for lab facilities.
- Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign
graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit or other BIM platform preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; ability to
convey laboratory planning needs to designers and other team
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hireQualified and interested
candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your
resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger
than 4MB).At Perkins&Will we believe that inclusion spurs
creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of
diverse people and ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes
of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age,
medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that
reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we
serve.QualificationsEducationRequiredBachelor of Applied Science or
better in Architecture or related field.Licenses &
CertificationsRequiredLicensed ArchitectEqual Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Perkins+Will, Houston , Senior Lab Planner - Science+Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!