Engineer Pipeline/Specialist - Pipeline Technical (Hybrid)
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 27, 2023
This position will be in the Kinder Morgan Operations Support Group
Engineering - Codes and Standards department. This position will
report to and support the Codes and Standards Special Programs
Manager by coordinating the development, submission, implementation
and tracking of USDOT Special Permits, as well as supporting the
all four Kinder Morgan business units in the area of public
awareness, on call duties and pipeline safety inspections.
- Provide support to Kinder Morgan (KM) Operations Staff for
PHMSA/DOT and other regulatory inspections.
- Interact extensively with regulatory agencies and KM Operations
- Prepare written and oral responses to Agencies as required by
- Participate in Corporate Incident Response and making
regulatory and other notifications as required.
- Actively support the Kinder Morgan Public Awareness
- Monitor regulatory agencies for proposed and final changes in
- Assist in revising or creating procedural documents necessary
to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assist in the review of O&M Procedures to maintain ongoing
- Position Title may be revised, if needed, to hire the right
candidate for the position.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.This position will
be located in Houston, Texas. This position has the opportunity to
work a hybrid work schedule with Monday through Wednesday in the
office and Thursday and Friday at home. This position also has the
opportunity to work a flexible work schedule with 9-hour work days
Monday through Thursday and either half day Fridays or every other
***Position may be filled at various levels depending on experience
and job skills of the successful candidate**
- 4 year degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of regulatory structure and compliance with emphasis
on 49 CFR 191, 49 CFR 192 & 49 CFR 195.
- 3-5 years of experience in pipeline engineering, operations,
project management or regulatory compliance preferred.
- A working knowledge of natural gas pipeline operations, project
management, and regulatory compliance preferred.
- Must be proficient in computer software applications including
- Must have well developed organizational skills, be proficient
in oral and written communications and be able to work with minimal
- Satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a
valid state driver license is required.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time is
required; motor vehicle and air travel anticipated.
- Required to carry a company cell phone and be available during
non-working hours on a scheduled rotation.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, take direction from
supervisor(s), adhere to work schedules, focus on details and
follow work rules.The above statements describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. This position may perform other
duties as assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Houston , Engineer Pipeline/Specialist - Pipeline Technical (Hybrid), IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!