Network Administrator I
Company: Martin Midstream Partners
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Description SUMMARY
This position will maintain, monitor and support the Voice, Camera and Data networks at all company locations They will be expected to diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion ensuring minimal downtime. Serve as the local liaison for help-desk and general IT related activities for the greater Houston area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages firewall, network switches, and services on a converged network (Data, VoIP, Wi-Fi, and Security Cameras).
* Monitor network activity, volumes, and performance and notify management when problems have been detected or are projected to happen, and where possible, take the appropriate action to avoid or eliminate a problem
* Maintain current data communications solutions; plan and execute the installation of new networking components.
* Monitor the network environment for security violations, intruders, or any unusual or suspicious activities and immediately notify management when a threat or other potentially serious problem has been identified
* Maintain, configure and monitor telecommunications hardware and software; coordinated installation of switches, routers, and all data traffic equipment; troubleshoot, evaluate and resolve network service problems
* Participate in network improvements, upgrades, and repairs
* Implement and manage firewall and VPN architecture.
* Administer and maintain infrastructure services including AD, DHCP, DNS, and NTP.
* Receive and respond to incoming IT Helpline escalations
Job Requirements EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
2-year college degree (or equivalent)Special consideration may be given to applicants holding an Associate degree or higher related to Computer Science or network-based certification including but not limited to CCNA, Network+, or NSX-V.
* Three to five years of related experience and training, or equivalent education and experience.
* Network Products: Cisco, Paloalto, Cradlepoint, Ubiquity
* Network and Routing protocols: (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF)
* Switching: Layer 2 / Layer 3
* IP Cameras with central recording and management server.
* Understands and supports AD, DHCP, DNS, and NTP
* Understands Wireless standards, radio signaling, and management.
Job Description SUMMARY
Keywords: Martin Midstream Partners, Houston , Network Administrator I, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
here to apply!