Field Service Specialist II
Company: Current Power Solutions
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Field Service Specialist II
Houston, TX, US
Current Power Solutions
Current Power provides electrical equipment, automation software
and field support to drilling and pressure pumping companies within
the energy industry.
The Field Service Specialist II will primarily be responsible for
the implementation of electrical systems in the field after leaving
the facility. The candidate should have knowledge of electrical
power systems, AC and DC drive technology, and PLC and SCADA
programming. The candidate should also possess the ability to apply
mathematical and engineering principles to real world
* Create both in house and customer FAT test procedures as required
by customer contract/in house test requirements under the
instruction of the Project/Automation Engineer.
* Perform testing in accordance with FAT and in-house test
procedures when needed otherwise ensure that testing is performed
* Create a field commissioning plan for equipment after leaving the
* Perform commissioning of electrical equipment according to
commissioning plan in the field.
* Travel to customer jobsites to perform field service duties when
* Provide continued support for projects after completion and field
commissioning by phone in the form of troubleshooting or in person
onsite when required.
* Responsible for troubleshooting test and field issues within the
PLC and HMI coding.
* Be capable of understanding control system theory to compile
software code for new and existing systems that is tuned for
* Responsible for assisting Project/Automation Engineer with
designing and developing electrical systems including: generator
controls, switchboards, AC or DC drives, motor control systems,
panel boards and other components required for a functioning system
according to customer specification when required.
* Assist with creation of custom electrical schematics/wiring
diagrams, bills of material, networking schematics, and any other
items necessary for a system that conforms to customer
specifications when required.
* Generate work tasks, organize the ordering and delivery of
equipment and materials, and oversee the efficient installation and
commissioning of software and equipment.
* Work directly with third party contractors, Operations, Technical
Services, and HSE management and rig crews to assist with the
execution of a wide variety of company goals.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, managing
multiple tasks and working on multiple projects simultaneously to
meet challenging deadlines.
* Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills and
ability to promptly give and follow directions when working with
* Ability to safely navigate the work sites with occasional
walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal operating
conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather).
* Ability to proficiently use MS Office Suite to develop
presentations, correspondence, reports, and schedules (Word, Excel,
Power Point, etc.).
* Lift and carry 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven
* Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl occasionally during visits
to field and operational work areas.
* Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and or machinery
* Stay alert and focused including during occasional extended work
* Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around
work environment with many moving objects including overhead
* Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated
* Ability to regularly travel as needed to visit work sites and
support business units; may require extended travel to remote
locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area.
* Ability to work on weekends and be on call after hours as
* Degree related to Electrical or Controls and Automation, or
industry related experience.
* 2+ years of field service/engineering experience.
Experience with standard field bus communications protocols.
(Ethernet/IP, Profibus, Profinet, CANBUS, OPC UA, etc.).
* Experience with VFD drives and/or DC drives preferably with GE
* Eligible to drive company vehicle and meet requirements of
company vehicle use agreement and driving policy
* Experience with Autocad Electrical.
* Experience in Siemens PLC programming using Step7 software.
This position requires the person to work in both office locations
and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including
precipitation, cold / heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions.
The Technician will be occasionally exposed to the typical
conditions of the local area where the drilling operations and rigs
are located. The Technician must work with an emphasis on safety
for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties.
They must be able to work closely with others and under deadlines
including time-sensitive response situations. They must be willing
to work extended schedules that will include working days; and
occasionally nights, weekends and holidays.
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right-hand
corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc.
(Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a
drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion,
national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.
Keywords: Current Power Solutions, Houston , Field Service Specialist II, IT / Software / Systems , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!