NC Programmer/Operator II-(Weekend Shift-36 hours)
Company: John Crane
Posted on: October 13, 2019
About Us John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in
rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and
services to process industries. The company designs and
manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and
systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive
digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is
accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and
service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue
was greater than 1 Billion USD (?830m). John Crane is part of
Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced
technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection,
energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Job Description Sets up, writes programs and edits existing
programs, and operates numerically controlled machinery. These
include but are not limited to lathes, mills, drills, and other
machinery as required.?SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:?
- Maintains quality and tolerances within .0003?.
- Follow written and verbal procedures for machining and other
- Work from work order routings, prints, sketches, and layout
sheets, written and verbal instructions.
- Working knowledge of programming languages and the ability to
learn / adapt per machine.
- Must be able to recognize and understand functions of machine
parameters with the ability to modify as required per supervisor?s
- Utilize knowledge of working properties for a variety of
materials such as stainless steel, alloy steel, cast iron, brass,
- Presets tools and may be required to re sharpen.
- Inspect work produced using micrometer; bore gage, venire
calipers, or other measuring instruments to verify conformance to
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as
prescribed by supervisor and report operating difficulties of
equipment to supervisor.
- Perform duties in accordance with company safety policies,
reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Make proper labor and time reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Keep machine(s) / work area clean and orderly.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities based upon
individual branch requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned. Position Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent with a technical school
education and working machinist knowledge or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of CNC machine tool Programming & Operating
- Numerical control machining skills experience and ability to
read and interpret work related machine drawings.
- Make average to complicated mathematical calculations and
resolve elementary technical problems.
- NC Programmer/Operator will be compensated in accordance with
defined expertise, experience and production efficiency.
- Can operate a minimum of 2 CNC machine tools.
- Possesses previous experience as a Manual machinist.
- Must be detail oriented; be able to work independently using
- Good verbal, written, problem solving and organization skills
- Capable of handling multiple priorities.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office, shop,
warehouse, or manufacturing plant
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and carry up to 10
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while
working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives,
changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.? EHS
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety
requirements consistent with supporting the company?s TRIR
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting
Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with
supporting the company?s environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all of the company?s EHS
training requirements.? Work Environment Work environment is
typically considered within a Smiths location during normal or
extended business hours to include offices, manufacturing plants
and repair facilities. Work environment may also include customer
sites including oil well sites, and meeting venues. EEO It is the
policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO)
to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin,
citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color,
religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information,
marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: John Crane, Houston , NC Programmer/Operator II-(Weekend Shift-36 hours), IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!