Company: The Search Firm, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
POSITION DESCRIPTION Summary: -Provides legal advice and support
to upstream unconventional business covering all aspects of
exploration, appraisal, development, production, and operation of
the onshore unconventional assets (shale oil and gas) including
commercial activities, various oil and gas business contracts,
acquisitions/divestments, joint ventures, regulatory matters, and
safety, environment and sustainable development within the
Unconventional business. As required, support other investments. -
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead a competent and high performing legal function to support
the CEO, other leadership team members and business activities
(covering procurement, JV activity, disputes and general
- Ensure strong Board processes and systems are in place by
scheduling and properly recording Board Meetings
- Safeguard company's interest by identifying and prioritizing
legal risks and alternative strategies, emerging issues and threats
that may impact the business.
- Undertake legal risk evaluation such that senior management
understands all material risks and opportunities and have been
provided with clear risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop a streamlined approach to corporate governance by
ensuring documents reflect accurately commercial decisions and are
consistent with legal obligations.
- Support strategic M&A activities
- Safeguard that all issues are addressed that relate to pre- and
post-carry mode in our JV's consequently ensuring securities are
released timely and JV relationships are maintained.
- Prepare, manage and report against budgets.
- Manage external counsel, including review and approve legal
- Support the management in the preparation of contractual
notices and claim documentation relating to Unconventional
business, and in the management of disputes.
- Periodically update senior management on the progress all
critical legal issues.
- To familiarize with various corporate restructuring initiatives
and determining scope of work for legal due diligence.
- Ensure close cooperation with legal functions within parent
- Govern other entities under company organizational structure -
- U.S. JD license in good standing.
- Texas license preferred.
- Minimum fifteen (10) years legal experience required,
specifically Upstream (oil & gas) legal, with a large law firm or
as in-house counsel that includes:
- Corporate/commercial experience, including complex commercial
- Land, oil & gas leases, royalties and title
- Pipeline, midstream and infrastructure access
- Experience with major projects and procurement
- Master Service Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Regulatory (federal, state & local)
- Project management
- Providing risk-based business guidance
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills, and
good negotiation skills
- M&A experience
- High achieving, motivated, positive outlook, enthusiastic and
- Desire and ability to work autonomously but also work
effectively within a team and be a positive contributor to the
- Ability to manage conflicting and evolving work demands with
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with JV Partners
at all levels.
- Ability to work with diverse cultural backgrounds. -
APPLY for this position: please "click" on the link : -
1. To apply for this role and submit your resume or; -
2. Update your preferred email or method of contact, or; -
3. Advise us to your next career goals -
Alternatively, if you are not interested in this opportunity,
please feel free to pass this email on to other qualified friends
or colleagues. -
Keywords: The Search Firm, Inc., Houston , General Counsel, Legal , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!