Sr Counsel - 2210002308 - Houston, TX
Company: Energy Transfer Partners
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Energy Transfer LP (NYSE: ET) owns and operates one of the largest
and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United
States, with a strategic footprint in all of the major U.S.
production basins. Energy Transfer is a publicly traded limited
partnership with core operations that include complementary natural
gas midstream, intrastate and interstate transportation and storage
assets; crude oil, petrochemical, natural gas liquids (NGL) and
refined product transportation and terminalling assets; NGL
fractionation; and various acquisition and marketing assets. Energy
Transfer also owns Lake Charles LNG Company, as well as the general
partner interests, the incentive distribution rights and 28.5
million common units of Sunoco LP (NYSE: SUN), and the general
partner interests and 46.1 million common units of USA Compression
Partners, LP (NYSE: USAC).
We are seeking an individual to fill a senior counsel position with
Energy Transfer. In this position, you will be responsible for
providing legal support and business counsel for a broad range of
corporate and business functions. You should be confident working
with upper management, self-directed, and someone who anticipates
issues and who has an ability to review various complex commercial
agreements. We seek someone who is passionate about their work,
takes ownership of his/her results, and can represent Energy
Transfer with professionalism and integrity. Other key attributes
for this position are intelligence, good judgment, problem-solving
capabilities, and the ability to work with shifting priorities.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Mid-level commercial attorney with knowledge and experience in
commercial midstream energy transactions.
* Provide legal support for petrochemical, refined products and NGL
commercial activities. Duties include drafting, negotiating and
analyzing product purchase, product sale, product exchange, product
storage, product marketing, transportation, gathering, processing,
connection, and terminalling agreements, letters of intent,
confidentiality agreements, joint venture agreements, reimbursement
agreements, and purchase and sale agreements for asset acquisitions
* Counsel business clients on all aspects of relevant commercial,
transactional and state and local laws, rules and regulations
relating to refined products, liquids and chemical pipelines;
common carriage; fractionation facilities; terminals and storage
* Provide advice and guidance to internal business clients by
interpreting and analyzing laws, rules, and regulations, analyzing
probable outcomes based on legal precedents, and developing
strategies and evaluating findings.
* Provide assistance with responses to government agency inquiries
* Must be highly organized, able to work independently and as a
member of a busy team, able to prioritize among many competing
projects, and have excellent oral and written communications skills
to enable communication with business clients and other members of
the legal department clearly, simply and directly.
* Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
* Currently licensed to practice law in Texas and in good standing
with the State Bar of Texas.
* Strong academic credentials and previous training in
well-respected law firm or corporate legal department required.
* 6+ years' experience, including law firm and in-house counsel
*Working Conditions: *
* This position is required to report daily to Houston, Texas
* Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
* Usual normal office working conditions.
* Have a working familiarity with MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat,
and electronic contract management systems.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
* Occasional overnight travel may be required. - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - -
*Benefits Include: *
* Highly competitive salary
* Generous bonus structure
* 401(k) Plan with employer match
* Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision),
* Paid time off
* Company-paid life insurance
* Other industry-standard benefits
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Monday to Friday
* Doctorate (Required)
* law firm and in-house counsel: 6 years (Required)
* law license/good standing with the State Bar of Texas
Work Location: One location%14624350%
Keywords: Energy Transfer Partners, Houston , Sr Counsel - 2210002308 - Houston, TX, Legal , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!