Associate Attorney - Texas
Company: Rausch Sturm
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Creditor's Rights law firm seeking an individual with between
one and five year's experience to fill the Associate Attorney
position for the Houston, TX areas.
This individual will handle all aspects of litigation, and should
welcome the challenges of a dynamic legal environment, and be open
to some work-related travel.
Qualified candidates must be energetic, self-directed and capable
of managing his or her own case load. Responsibilities will include
a wide variety of tasks associated with litigating debt collection
matters. While litigation is the key role we seek attorneys who can
independently engage in risk analysis and develop strategies that
adhere to state and federal rules and regulations, and compliance
Summary of essential job functions
- Review of correspondence, and files to determine whether they
are suit appropriate, review of answers, preparation of discovery
and dispositive motions, and all aspects of preparing for and
- Attend court hearings in Texas when required
- Provide analysis and advice on legal and regulatory
- Attorney should be familiar with state and federal consumer
laws and keep abreast of any changes in state or local
- Ability to effectively manage his or her own caseload
- Background in civil litigation and experience attending court
- Licensed to practice law in Texas. Admission to practice in
additional states is ideal.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws. Ability to analyze
case law and provide recommendations.
- Experience in collection law and/or significant courtroom
experience is preferred.
- Maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive
company image to the public.
- Represent clients in pre-suit and post-judgment matters, and
attend court hearings when required.
- Ability to draft legal pleadings, motions, discovery,
stipulations, etc. Also to write, review, and edit reports,
opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
- Knowledge in Bankruptcy Law, Foreclosure Law or the
FDCPA/FCRA/TCPA is a plus.
Other Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize high volumes of
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all
organizational levels of the firm.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for paid monthly bonuses
- 401K plan with employer contribution
- Health and vision benefits
- Firm-paid dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Texas Bar License (Required)
Keywords: Rausch Sturm, Houston , Associate Attorney - Texas, Legal , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!