Company: Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited
Posted on: November 20, 2023
locations USA - Texas - Houston - The Woodlands - Corporate
Office time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago job
requisition id J-010241 Job Description:We are currently looking
for a dynamic individual to work in our Global Legal Department as
a Commercial Counsel. This is an individual contributor position,
reporting to the Vice President and General Counsel - Integrated
Oxides and Derivatives, and will be based in our headquarters in
the Woodlands, TX. -This position will contribute to the legal
department's provision of legal support and advice to facilitate
the Company's operations, including as related to the purchase and
sale of goods and acquisition and provision of services. The
position will require an understanding of the Company's values,
strategy, risk management and commercial philosophies.What will be
expected from you?
- Promoting, together with the Company management, the highest
ethical standards including advising on compliance with company
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts involving
acquisition of raw materials and sale of finished goods.
- Drafting templates for use by the clients and promote
standardization of legal processes.
- Liaising with other shared service functions including
Procurement, Tax, Treasury, Credit EHS, and HR to ensure alignment
with all relevant stakeholders in business transactions.
- Monitoring and advising clients on current and new legislation
affecting business operations.
- Conducting all other legal work assigned from time to
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 15% of the time.What
are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Be a member of the Texas bar (or of another US jurisdiction) in
- Have at least 5-7 years of business and commercial experience
in a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Experience supporting a manufacturing company in a similar role
is a plus, but not required.Core responsibilities:
- Must have solid legal experience in general corporate and
commercial matters, including experience with UCC-governed
contracts.Skills and Specifications:
- Must have strong influencing capability, high energy and take
- Must be able to handle large workload while prioritizing, work
independently, manage client expectations and be well
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and other related
- Must be fluent in English. -What can we offer you?Indorama
Ventures offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful
future. We are a global chemical company with locations in more
than 30 countries around the world, employing over 24,000
associates. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields
including manufacturing, research and development, technical
services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes
on. The successful candidate will receive a competitive
compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive
benefits package which includes: medical, vision and dental, basic
life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an
impact and make a difference. Come join us!Additional
Locations:About Us Indorama Ventures is a world-class chemicals
company with a global integrated leader in PET and fibers serving
major customers in diversified end-use markets. Following our core
strategies, we develop innovative products for customer needs and
to make great products for society.
Keywords: Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited, Houston , Commercial Counsel, Legal , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!