Medical Intermediate Care (MIMU) RN - TMC, Day & Night Shifts (RN #)
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: January 15, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
patient care. Every employee, at every level, begins their journey
at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization
and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our
employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Medical IMU offers the opportunity for nurses to care for a
mixed acuity patient population. We provide care for intermediate
care medicine patients. The unit provides a unique opportunity that
allows nurses to build critical thinking skills and helps to
provide a foundation for furthering their skillset to help them
attain their career goals. Cross training to care for ICU patients
is an opportunity that our nurses can take advantage of (after 1
year of employment).
- Patient population: Mixed acuity, patients requiring
intermediate care for medical conditions (Sepsis, DKA, COPD, sickle
- IMU - chronic ventilators, non-titrated drips
- ICU - titrated drips, ventilators, arterial lines, etc.
Although the unit is small, we value teamwork and feel like family.
We value quality as demonstrated by low CAUTIs (1 in 4 years),
CLABSIs (2 in 1 year) as well as a 50% reduction in HAPI (hospital
acquired pressure injuries) in the last year. Our staff has NP
support on day shift and night shift. Memorial Hermann TMC is part
of the largest medical center in the world. As a campus we are
continually working to positively impact and improve care. We were
recently ranked 7th out of 93 Academic Medical Centers nationwide
for superior quality and safety by Vizient Quality and
Accountability Study. Minimum Qualifications Education: Graduate of
an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to
practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline
and/or nursing unit requirements Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- RN I
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Effective oral and written communication
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to
the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with
an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical
decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare
team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data,
research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge
and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing
evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire
continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of
service according to established service standards, optimizing the
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of practice and
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned. Keyphrases: cardiac telemetry jobs,
medical telemetry jobs
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Medical Intermediate Care (MIMU) RN - TMC, Day & Night Shifts (RN #), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!