SCCM Operating System Deployment (OSD) Engineer
Company: Lintech Global Inc
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Location: Fort Sam Houston, TX Department: Description JOB
- Fort Sam Houston (San Antonio), TX 1. ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply knowledge of Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
imaging and deploying as well as migrating Windows desktop,
building standard images for automated configuration and
- Create desktop and server images utilizing technologies such as
Business Desktop Deployment (BDD)/Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
(MDT)/Windows Deployment Services (WDS)/ Windows Pre-installation
Environment (WinPE) / Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK)/
and Pre-Boot Execution Environment (PXE).
- Create, implement, and deploy images for enterprise
workstations and servers.
- Configure and document processes to deploy Zero Touch
Installation (ZTI) images for an Enterprise environment utilizing
SCCM Operating System Deployment (OSD).
- Utilize Microsoft User State Migration Tool (USMT) to migrate
user files and settings during large deployments of Microsoft
Windows 7 operating systems.
- Capture generated images into OSD and prepare for Enterprise
- Create custom OSD Task Sequences utilizing Microsoft scripting
technologies and components such as Shell, VBScript, WMI, .NET and
XML for captured images.
- Provide Tier 3 Technical Support for remote SCCM Administrators
in order to provide in depth troubleshooting for OSD related
- Coordinate knowledge management and create technical
- Test and validate non-standard software or hardware. Work with
hardware and software vendors to resolve complex issues.
- Maintain and update imaging documentation.
- Work with Release and Change Management Process to comply with
- Record and track IT related problems and solutions via
Configuration Management system.
- Draft engineering documentation and ensure that established
standards are met.
- Manage trouble ticket queues; perform trend and root-cause
analysis to resolve groups of trouble tickets; document efforts in
the trouble ticket system.
- Provide enterprise administrators with current drivers for
assigned hardware within the OSD process.
- Test and validate new enterprise SCCM OSD related
- Perform training sessions for Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 support
staff to include troubleshooting processes.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with
customers, stakeholders, and other technical specialists,
effectively leading detailed technical discussions and creating and
presenting briefing materials. 2. EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, & TRAINING
REQUIREMENTS: -- Must have a High School diploma or GED. -- Must
have and maintain DoD Information Technology (IT) Security
Designation of IT-I. -- Must have and maintain DoD Information
Assurance (IA) Technical Designation of IAT II. -- Must have
successfully passed a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
check. -- Must possess one or more of the following computing
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) -- Must possess one
or more of the following commercial certifications:
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security
Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Security+ Certification
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SCCP) -- Subject to a
National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI), National Agency Check
with Law and Credit (NACLC), and security clearance investigation.
Company Description LinTech Global is an award-winning, ISO
9001:2008 certified, 8(a) certified small business and GSA contract
holder providing diversified Information Technology services to
both Civilian and Defense agencies. Services include Software
Development, Systems Integration, Data Management, Project
Management, Operations & Maintenance, Cyber Security, and Training
and Audio/Visual (AV) Solutions. LinTech has received a number of
recognitions, including rankings on "Top 50 Companies to Watch",
Washington Technology's Annual "FAST 50", and Inc. 500's List of
"Fastest Growing Private Companies". The LinTech Global team is
comprised of individuals who are dedicated to the success and
sustainability of our customers and their missions. Our combination
of technical expertise, big business experience, and small business
agility allows us to promptly provide our customers with
exceptional IT and engineering solutions. Our robust benefits
package includes: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Company-paid
Life/AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Health
Insurance with Company Contribution, 401k Plan with Company Match;
up to 5%, opportunity for Employee Referral Bonus, opportunity for
annual Performance Bonus and much more! EEO Statement LinTech
Global, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Lintech Global Inc, Houston , SCCM Operating System Deployment (OSD) Engineer, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!