Electronics Design Engineer - Space Exploration Electronic Systems
Company: Associates Systems LLC
Posted on: February 23, 2021
View all jobs Electronics Design Engineer - Space Exploration
Electronic Systems Houston, TX The--Electronics Design Engineer -
Space Exploration Electronics Systems--will:
- Report directly to the Electronics and Electrical Section
Manager as part of group of over 45 other Electronics and
- Work directly with or as a Team Lead and associated Electrical
Engineers on a given project.
- Support new designs from conception, analysis, and
manufacturing, through to operational test and deployment. -
Provide design support and guidance in various aspects of
Electronics System Development.
- Be familiar with NASA specifications for Electronics Component
- Develop component test stand architectures for various
- Design and generate electrical component and lab
instrumentation test system designs.--
- Develop and or modify LabVIEW code for various test
- Develop detailed test verification procedures.
- Work with electrical and mechanical technicians to build and
test designed systems.
- Develop and test various breakout boxes and digital/analog
sensor emulation systems.
- Perform electrical evaluation/selection of instrumentation
(pressure transducers, flow meters, pumps, fans, RTDs,--
- Thermocouples, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and repair existing test systems.
- Conduct analog and digital printed circuit board design for
various application needs. - Develop test software modules to
perform specific tests.
- Work with eCAD designer to develop printed circuit board
- Work in a laboratory environment, following standard operating
- Perform other duties as required. -- Required
Education/Experience/Skills: This position has been posted at
multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience,
requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider
candidates at any level for which this position has been
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited
- Prior experience with electrical schematic entry and printed
circuit board layout tools such as Altium Designer.
- Prior experience with data acquisition systems (especially
National Instruments) and LabVIEW code development.
- Prior experience with FPGA circuitry design and coding in
associated VHDL development environments.
- Prior experience with microcontroller circuitry design and
associated embedded software development environments.--
- Familiarity with data interface protocols and associated
hardware such as Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, I2C, SPI etc.
- Experience with test hardware such as oscilloscopes,
multi-meters, logic analyzers, function generators, electronic load
banks, power supplies, power analyzers.
- Prior experience with cable design.
- Prior experience in design and test of analog instrumentation
- Prior experience in design and test of stepper and brushless
DC-DC control circuits.
- Prior experience in design and test of power supply and
- Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly MS Project,
Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. - Excellent communication and
organizational skills and the ability to work in a team
Keywords: Associates Systems LLC, Houston , Electronics Design Engineer - Space Exploration Electronic Systems, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!