Registered Nurse RN Bilingual
Company: Maxim Healthcare
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Pediatrics opening in Houston, Texas. This and other rn jobs
brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Maxim Healthcare Services is
currently seeking an RN Lead Medical Coordinator for a direct
placement opportunity with our client. The RN will provide services
in a non-clinical environment with the Unaccompanied Minors
Program. The LMC is devoted to the delivery of medical care in the
setting with emphasis on disease prevention and health maintenance.
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week. Required to work a flexible
schedule to facilitate program services including on-call evenings
and weekends. Schedule:Full time, should be willing to work a
flexible schedule and be on-call evenings and weekends.
- Active and unrestricted Texas RN license
- Nursing degree from an accredited college
- Minimum 1 year full time direct service delivery exp
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Bilingual – fluent in Spanish
- Experience with medical assessment and treatment skills with a
diverse population of children/adolescents
- Experience training staff, preparing reports and
recommendations for medical and administrative usePreferred: 2-3
years of full time experience in a hospital, clinic, medical record
department, or physician's office and 2-3 years experience in file
maintenance working with troubled adolescents or youth services –
may include volunteer or internship experience. Position Details:
- Provide health management, effective communication, and
leadership in the execution and direction of quality services to
youth, staff and medical service staff. Must be sensitive to the
needs of the youth in UMP, in the areas of health and social
services as one component.
- Manage and monitor the delivery of services to patients
ensuring compliance in the performance of all aspects of youth care
in accordance with Company policy and procedures, State and Federal
- Prepare youth for examinations and record the medical intake,
take vital signs, height and weight. Initiate routine lab tests
after triage of a youth such as pregnancy tests.
- Assist the medical providers staff with examination procedures
when is needed such as patient screening and triage
- Administer medications under the providers' orders, except I.V.
- Update youth charts in regards to allergies, medication use,
and immunization history at each visit.
- Administer immunizations under standing orders from provider.
Phlebotomy-Obtains blood specimens by performing venipuncture,
finger sticks and implant PPD when necessary.
- Educate and counsel youth concerning their disease, treatment,
and prevention of disease.
- Answer youth's questions after consultation with the provider
or as per established procedures in that regard (to include but not
limited to: health questions, medication refills, and lab
- Continually assess for areas of improvement and develop plans
and evaluation criteria for such.
- Oversee and direct all youth care staff to ensure adequate
monitoring. Ensure delivery of safe and efficient quality care.
Assist in health education classes when necessary.
- Obtain, compile, and maintain medical files on each intake.
Ensure proper daily documentation in Southwest Key Program's
database (PCC) and maintain hard copy of required documents and
- Schedule and comply with required medical appointments and
timelines. Respond and comply to individual emergency medical needs
- Maintain and review for accurate and complete list of medical
supplies, prescribe medications, and over-the-counter medication.
Order medical supplies, and medication when necessary.
- Collect, maintain, and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly, and
annual reports and audits to the supervisors.
- Facilitate and conduct self-administration of medication and
side effects training to employees as required.
- Provide a fail-safe plan with medication count, label accuracy,
and self-administration of medication, including over-the-counter
- Schedule and provide transportation when is needed to clients
on medical appointments with assistance from other staff when
- Submit, review and follow up all the Significant Incidents
Report regarding Medical Issues.
- Participate in Quality Improvement as required For further
information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact a
Recruiter at or email your resume to Keyphrases: pediatrics jobs,
pediatric oncology jobs, pediatric oncologist jobs, pediatric wound
care jobs, urology pediatrics jobs, pediatric interventional
cardiology jobs, pediatric emergency medicine jobs, pediatric
gynecology jobs, pediatric infectious disease specialist jobs,
internal medicine pediatrics jobs, pediatric medical assistant
jobs, pediatrician jobs, neonatal pediatric specialist jobs,
pediatric nephrology jobs, pediatric nephrologist jobs, pediatric
neurology jobs, pediatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Maxim Healthcare, Houston , Registered Nurse RN Bilingual, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!