PSAB: Power Generation Site Lead (Secret Clearance)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Title: PSAB: Power Generation Site Lead (Secret Clearance) KBR
Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and
technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive
innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air,
sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense,
intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR's
areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations,
science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity. Our
people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating
place. And that's only the beginning. Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB)
Power Generation Site Lead These functions are to ensure the
delivery of BASE OPERATING SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) services to
the 378 Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW), mission partners, and tenant
units, including transient, temporary duty (TDY), permanent party,
and rotational personnel as well as five (5) remote Army sites at
PSAB, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Generator/Power Production Site Lead shall ensure Prime
Power Generation and provides, continuous power with 99%
availability to Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB), Kingdom of Saudi
- Ensure primary power generators are working by performing load
tests, preventative maintenance, and repairing any equipment.
- Must be able to systematically troubleshoot and repair
generators ranging in size from 3KW (3000 Watts) to multiple units
synchronized and powering an entire base, 800KW or more, and
ensuring the accessory equipment used with the generators are
functional and repaired.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions using technical orders,
manufacturers' handbooks, local procedures, codes, and
- This position shall function as an integral team member,
cooperating with and supporting U.S. deployed forces, Kingdom of
Saudi Arabia (KSA) and shall share information with other integral
team members as required.
- Manage and work with a diverse, international, and
multi-skilled workforce as well as work hand in hand with
- As required, be available within two (2) hours of notification
to meet on the installation with Government personnel.
- Ensure the successful delivery of services to 4,000 personnel,
plus or minus 10%, at all times.
- Generator/Power Production lead shall ensure personnel are
adequately trained, and personnel assigned to all tasks have the
requisite knowledge and skills to meet minimum performance
requirements as well as comply with all applicable laws, codes,
standards and regulations.
- Responsible for proper utilization, accounting, and
safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property
(e.g., to include government facilities, equipment tools,
information and Data).
- Ensure contractual submittals are provided to the government
and contractual performance objectives are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned. MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require
wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection,
safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may
be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment.
- Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other
devices to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
- Work will be indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
- Overtime and shift work may be required depending on
contractual needs as well as occasional to frequent travel.
- Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local
regulations and published Company work rules as well as written
- Task specific work environment training maybe provided.
- Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency
environment to support U.S. interests. PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting
up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping,
stretching, and bending.
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective
equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and
steel-toed boots as well as Individual Protective Equipment (IPE)
which may include but not limited to Level III plus/IV Individual
Body Armor with both front and back ballistic plates, ACH helmet,
clothing (undergarments, shirts and pants and/or coveralls),
reflective vests/belts, sound suppression devices, etc.
- Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office
activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time,
attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting
and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to
operating areas and walking up stairs. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 4 years of experience and certifications with
supervisory experience, USAF Power Production (3E0X2) AFSC
experience is HIGHLY DESIRED
- Commercial/Industry Power Generations certification(s),
Completion of Vocational school, or graduate from a DOD power
generation Tech School
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current U. S. Driver's
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 13
months of remaining validity AND 6 blank visa/stamp pages
- Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Candidate must also meet CENTCOM MOD-15 theater requirements.
- Principles of electronics and electricity including generation,
including computation and measurement of common properties
(resistance, inductance, capacitance, voltage, and current),
conversion, transformation, distribution, and utilization.
- Transformers and regulator operations and connection; grounding
and lightning protection systems.
- Types, capacity, and purpose of low/medium voltage circuits,
circuit breakers, switches, fuses, regulators, relays, instruments,
and meters associated with electric generation and
- Ability to interpreting instrument and meter readings as well
as wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and technical
- Techniques of operating and maintaining internal combustion
engines, generators, generating plants, distribution panels, and
accessory equipment and the use and purpose of test equipment.
- Safety rules and practices as well as environmental policies,
principles of management and the operation and repair of electrical
power production systems.
- Aptitude and skills for engines and chassis repair.
- Know and be able to apply the fundamentals of working on high
and low voltage energized lines.
- Applications of safety requirements related to installation and
maintenance of electrical distribution systems
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- Have knowledge on military and commercial publications and
- Pro-active, well organized, results-oriented, and team player
with decision-making ability
- Use computers & related software such as Microsoft Office and
other common products used in office environments
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with
documented supervisory experience.
- Experience in contingency environments as well as knowledge &
experience working with government contracts. Scheduled Weekly
Hours: 40 KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran
status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: KBR, Houston , PSAB: Power Generation Site Lead (Secret Clearance), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!