Gas Chromatography Chemist - Deer Park, TX
Company: SGS North America
Location: Deer Park
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Company Description SGS is the world's leading inspection,
verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized
as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than
94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and
laboratories around the world.Job Description Provide GC technical
support for the OGC Deer Park facility. Repair, service, and
maintain the GC to ensure optimal operating conditions. Coordinate
and communicate with vendors on GC related effort.
- Provide technical GC support for instrumentation, and
- Investigate, service and maintain GC instrument to ensure
- Setup, develop, and commission GC instruments with the
assistance of local lab management.
- Train personnel to effectively operate and maintain the GC
instruments and methods
- Support GC related systems and software
- Coordinate and work with vendors and client on GC efforts.
- Works closely with the Trader Group field, operations
coordinators and other laboratory personnel to understand the needs
of each in order to facilitate an efficient and value-added
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or equivalent work experience in
a Laboratory setting supervising staff required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with GC and/or GCMS
- Position requires individual to have a flexible schedule, to
work shifts; which could include extended or abnormal hours
(evenings, week-end / holiday), to meet business commitments.
- Must have clean driving records and maintain a valid drivers'
license, at all times.
- Must be able to work on numerous activities at once and be able
to work effectively under pressure REQUIRED SKILLS
- High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
(verbal and written). Must be able to read and comprehend labels
- Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose
daily presence adds to the success of the Department
- Ability to follow instructions independently, with little or no
- Ability to lift bulky items, which can weight up to 50 pounds;
climb, bend, reach, without restriction.OTHER INFORMATION:
- Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures,
and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings,
completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations,
refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws
and regulations related to HSE.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists
other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to
emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements,
disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part
of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all
waste transportation and disposal regulations and
- Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in
accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner
intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to
supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk
assessments as deemed necessary by SGS managementAdditional
Information SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required.This job description should not be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements,
but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein
restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.If you are applying for a
position within the United States and you have difficulty
completing the on-line employment application because of a
disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You
will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for
general employment information, but is only for individuals who are
experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a
Keywords: SGS North America, Houston , Gas Chromatography Chemist - Deer Park, TX, Other , Deer Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!