Mortgage Relationship Specialist
Company: JSC Federal Credit Union
Posted on: April 10, 2021
ROLE: The Mortgage Relationship Specialist role will be using
their competitive edge to present, evaluate and sell valuable
financial solutions to potential new members. They are tasked with
creating new business opportunities and acts as an advisor to
potential new mortgage members. They will be making a difference in
our members' lives through the examination, evaluation and
authorization or recommendation of approval of member applications
for residential real estate loans. This is accomplished by
providing the highest quality experience for both internal and
external members. The Mortgage Relationship Specialist will be
responsible for providing significant direct service to members and
maintaining a thorough understanding of relevant legal parameters,
accounting issues and the administrative processes involved in
choosing a proper course of action for mortgage lending. Business
- Generates new loan applications using customer service
- Highly focused on new membership growth, maximizes production
with referrals and attracts new mortgage loan applications by
developing relationships within the community, specifically with
the real estate community; making sales calls to prospective
- Promote sales and continually identify, develop and maintain a
quality network of realtor and member business relationships.
- Represent JSC FCU in the market place, research competitor and
other external marketplace best practices.
- Achieve and exceed sales goals and objectives.
Loan Application Process
- Proactively solicit new residential mortgage business and sell
JSC FCU mortgage products to meet loan quality and production
- Request, review and analyze Member applicant's credit and
- Determine Member's financing objectives and goals.
- Provide sound mortgage advice to members regarding the
advantages and disadvantages of different loan products and pricing
policies and guidelines.
- Discuss pricing and lock rates as required.
- Collect all necessary supporting loan documentation as required
and provide a complete package to the mortgage loan processor.
Loan Application Management
- Work with compliance and underwriting to ensure that any
outstanding loan conditions are met.
- Provide ongoing communication with the Member throughout the
process, up to and including loan closing details and
- Ensure exceptional service experience for the Member throughout
the mortgage application process.
- Comply with applicable consumer laws, regulations, company
- Complete all necessary training and licensing.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of offered lending programs,
policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information processed.
- Achieve slated personal production goals as determined by the
credit union lending supervisor.
- Perform all job functions in accordance to the credit union's
mortgage lending policies and procedures.
- Prepare required reports as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge and training of the Bank
Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act,
OFAC, Fair Lending, Reg Z, HMDA.
- 3-5 Years' experience in mortgage loan sales.
- Excellent communication skills and proven effectiveness in
- Current knowledge of and ability to apply financial service
industry standards, laws and regulations.
- Ability to input data accurately and efficiently into mortgage
lending software systems.
- Working knowledge of accounting and loan processing
- Ability to work under the stress of dealing with a wide range
of personalities and monitoring and reviewing the many details of
loans and loan packages to ensure completeness, accuracy and
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, to present ideas
and to report facts and technical information.
- Ability to resolve questions and problems on responsibilities
as well as manage personal work flow and meet deadlines and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately all
units of measure, to perform these four operations with like or
common decimal fractions, to compute rates and percentages and to
perform arithmetic operations involving all American monetary
- Ability to maintain stable and courteous business relations
with brokers, appraisers, employees, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's/Bachelor degree in business related field preferred
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential
elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with
others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of
giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or
soliciting cooperation. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. These include the ability to:
- sit and / or stand for entire work day
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and ability
to adjust focus.
JSC Federal Credit Union (JSC FCU) is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment
to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran
status or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like
more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the
law, click here for English / Spanish.
JSC FCU provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with
disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable
accommodation, please email or call for assistance.
Keywords: JSC Federal Credit Union, Houston , Mortgage Relationship Specialist, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!