Business Analyst 2
Company: Willis Towers Watson
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As a Business Analyst 2 within the Benefits Outsourcing team at
Willis Towers Watson, you will have the opportunity to use our
technical know-how and hands-on experience to provide benefits
administration services to many of the world's largest and most
complex organizations. Our benefit expertise, consultative approach
and focus on quality are unrivaled.
As a Business Analyst working with Systems, Data, and the Client
you will serve a key role for our outsourcing business by serving
as the link between consultants, external clients and our internal
team of system developers. You will contribute to the
implementation of new services, and ongoing business by translating
business needs into actionable programming and process steps for
developers, practicing the fundamentals of systems analysis, design
and testing. You will also consult to clients concerning
implementation best practices, provide ongoing technical support,
and train client teams.
Note: Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or
assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
A Few Select Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all documentation starts from baseline and adheres
to standards; communicate back to base team suggestions for changes
or enhancements to standard documentation.
- Attends client meetings relevant to the components they have
responsibility for, to establish client relationship and ensure
- Responsible for developing requirements documentation.
- Responsible for system configuration based on client
- Responsible for creating test plans, and testing system changes
and enhancements to ensure completeness and accuracy. Regression
testing as necessary based on the nature of the system
- Identify reporting needs and requirements.
- Understand SOW and be responsible for change order
identification and assist with providing work and hours necessary
to draft the change order.
- Work closely with developer to ensure project
requirements/requests for changes are understood and within
- Provide guidance to other team members regarding best/standard
- Provide guidance/assistance to team members where needed to
help ensure issues are resolved by assigned due date. Escalate
concerns with ability to meet due dates to Project Manager.
- Lead analyst for annual enrollment with similar
responsibilities as Implementation Business Analyst during Open
- Train and help transition ongoing processing requirements to
Business Systems Administrator.
- Lead client requirements meetings as needed.
- Maintain and update all requirements documents, ensuring
adherence to standards.
- Research issues and cases to determine root cause and provide
impact analysis for ongoing issues and changes and requests for new
- Addresses all calc or data issues that impact carriers.
- Assist PM with development of Project Plan for open enrollment
and significant change orders.
- Responsible for any vendor file updates and ongoing
- Provide training for client on large-scale change orders to
client, BOC and Service Center, as needed.
- Desire to learn, accept new challenges, and have fun!
- 2-4 years' experience as a Business Analyst
- Understanding of the fundamentals of health and welfare and
broader benefit plan design preferred
- Ability to complete Willis Towers Watson Business Analyst
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
- Experience with relational databases including SQL, Oracle or
- Experience with test plan creation, testing procedures and test
- Strong analytical, integrative and problem solving skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and client service orientation
- Ability to work both independently and on client teams,
including virtual work teams with members in different geographic
- Strong organizational abilities and flexibility to work in a
performance driven environment managing multiple project
- Sense of accountability, owning one's work and taking pride in
it; commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Ability to travel and work extended hours as needed
- Bachelors degree preferred-equivalent work experience will be
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Willis Towers Watson, Houston , Business Analyst 2, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!