Sterile Process Technician TMC (Evenings)
Company: Memorial Hermann
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for the preparation and packaging of
surgical instruments/equipment for sterilization utilizing
principles of Standard Precautions and utilizing Principles of
Event Related Sterility.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Licenses/Certifications: Certification in Sterile Processing
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in sterile processing
department or certificate of completion from a sterile processing
course or one (1) year of related surgical services experience
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver supplies and equipment in
conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Ability to perform basic computer skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Accurately handles and cares for instruments/equipment
appropriately, including appropriate selection of cleaning agents,
lubricants, examination for function, identification and assembly
according to count sheet and preparation for sterilization.
- Identifies, documents, and reports equipment and tools in need
of repair and ensure maintenance is completed.
- Organizes, prepares, assembles, and sterilizes instruments,
equipment and supplies according to hospital/medical facility
standards of sterilization.
- Correctly peel-pack supplies/instruments, wraps instruments for
sterilization, and inspects each instrument for use, function,
completeness, and cleanliness.
- Loads, monitors, operate and maintain different types of
cleaning and sterilization equipment and machinery accurately and
- Assists in maintaining records of all equipment and supplies,
ordering of supplies as needed, and monitoring quality control and
infection control standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann, Houston , Sterile Process Technician TMC (Evenings), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!