Consultant Petrochemicals (Aromatics)
Company: Argus Media
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Title:Consultant, Aromatics
Reporting Relationship: SVP, Petrochemicals
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing
essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we
continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new
delivery options and improved analytical tools.
- Devise new ways of building market penetration through analysis
and indexation and keep management informed of competitors'
initiatives on market coverage.
- Ensure complete and deep understanding of the relevant
petrochemical business, specifically benzene, toluene, mixed
xylenes and para-xylene.
- Oversee data integrity, global data flow, and production of the
petrochemical annuals and monthly outlooks.
- Complete research as needed and write studies, develop models
and fundamental market data relationships.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the product deliverable
and make the process and coordination more efficient.
- Present concise and informative presentations at global
conferences and client meetings.
- Establish himself/herself as a thought leader in the
Education and Experience
- 7+ years of recent experience focused on analysis of pricing,
market conditions & trends, capacity and supply & demand for
benzene or related markets.
- Education: Technical and/or economics degree - Chemical
Engineering or Chemistry preferred. MBA a plus.
- High level of understanding of petrochemicals and feedstocks
including naphtha, NGLs, gasoline, and polyester.
- Highly accomplished collecting, monitoring, analyzing and
communicating pricing data.
- Experienced conducting domestic (Americas) and/or global market
analyses that identify and interpret economic drivers,
supply/demand fundamentals, trade flows and capacity data.
- Comfortable with preparing and delivering presentations to
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial desire to build and expand a
business while developing subject matter expertise.
- Highly skilled Communicator - effective interfacing, networking
and building relationships at all levels and functions both
internally and with industry decision makers, e.g. Producers,
Consumers, Traders, Marketers, Shippers, Logistic Service
providers, Refiners, Financial Institutions/Investors, Government
Agencies and Technology Providers.
- Proven effective as both a team leader and major contributor to
the team, especially in a cross-cultural working environment.
Research and analysis experience from planning departments and/or
consulting positions is a plus.
- Ideal candidate will be someone that is positive, ambitious,
high energy and with a track record of building business.
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office Suite of products to
include Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel, Microsoft Project;
other technology related software and internet search
About Argus Media
Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth
for all its staff and provides extensive training and career
development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led
initiatives, including a women's network.
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 1,000
staff. It is headquartered in London and has 25 offices in the
world's principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus
produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and
other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to
index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative
markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered
company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity
firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and
technology services investor.
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic
environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve
results and grow their careers. Argus recognizes and rewards
successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote
professional development and retain a high-performing team
committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company
- 15 vacation days your first year, which increases up to 25
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we'd love to hear
Apply via our website
Argus Media is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you'd like to
view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy
statement, please contact us. If you have a disability and you
believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for
a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact
us. This email is provided exclusively to assist disabled job
seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply
online. Only messages sent for this purpose will be returned.
Messages sent for other purposes, such as following up on an
application or technical issues not related to a disability, will
not receive a response."
Keywords: Argus Media, Houston , Consultant Petrochemicals (Aromatics), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!