Level III Rope Access Technician
Company: Team Industrial Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Level III Rope Access Technician
The Rope Access - NDE Technician is responsible for carrying out
standard rope access operations under the direct supervision of an
authorized Level 3 rope access supervisor. The technician will use
Industrial Rope Access methods and related equipment to access and
complete a wide variety of inspection, maintenance and other
industrial work tasks while on ropes or in difficult access areas.
Technicians must have the ability to perform work that is
physically demanding, have good communication skills and the
ability to assimilate a large amount of new information.
Responsibilities may also include rescue operations, technical
reports and administrative tasks. Work hours, locations, shifts and
nature of work assignments vary greatly and travel may be
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to
Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal
regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or
- Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to TEAM's Core
Values and 7 Critical Choices.
- Utilizes proper personal protective equipment.
- Follows the Rope Access Supervisor's or the Rope Access Lead
- Displays a healthy respect for heights and follows all OSHA,
site specific and Team safety procedures.
- Understands work permits and participate in job hazard
- Participates in required training, rope access certification
sessions and maintains a working understanding of rope access safe
- Works in accordance with TEAM rope access policies and Rope
Access Code of Practice.
- Inspects and verifies rope access systems and components before
- Recognizes worksite hazards and notifies the Rope Access
Supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintains proficiency at rescue techniques and assist in
rescues as directed and in accordance with certification
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- IRATA / SPRAT certification
- NDT/ NDE Certification preferred
- Travel required.
- Must have a capacity for work at height.
- Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere with
varying weather conditions.
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors
and client personnel.
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery
with extreme noise levels.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety
department for personal protection.
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to
tolerate climate changes.
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of
your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing,
lifting, balancing, walking and stooping.
- Tasks may also include physically moving and setting up
inspection equipment (maximum component weight +/- 50 lbs.).
- Climbing and working off of ladders, stairs, scaffolding and
objects in excess of 100 ft.
- Working extended hours and standing for extended periods of
- Work in indoor and outdoor environments in conditions of
extreme heat and/ or cold.
- Work in and near industrial hazards.
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication
capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which
permits employee to communicate effectively.
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or
without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and
travel when necessary to off-site locations.
- Ability to maintain focus and multitask effectively.
- Exhibits sensible and responsible behavior.
- Must meet IRATA/SPRAT certification requirements
TEAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Team Industrial Services, Inc., Houston , Level III Rope Access Technician, Other , Alvin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!