PSAB: Power Generation Site Technician
Posted on: June 12, 2021
PSAB: Power Generation Site Technician
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional
and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and
drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on
land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense,
intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR's
areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations,
science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and
fascinating place. And that's only the beginning.
Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB) Power Generation Site
These functions are to ensure the delivery of BASE OPERATING
SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) services to the 378 Air Expeditionary
Wing (AEW), mission partners, and tenant units, including
transient, temporary duty (TDY), permanent party, and rotational
personnel as well as five (5) remote Army sites at PSAB, Kingdom of
Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- The Generator/Power Production Site Technicians shall ensure
Prime Power Generation and provides, continuous power with 99%
availability to Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB), Kingdom of Saudi
- Ensure primary power generators are working by performing load
tests, preventative maintenance, and repairing any equipment.
- Must be able to systematically troubleshoot and repair
generators ranging in size from 5 to 2,500 kilowatts and ensuring
the accessory equipment used with the generators are functional and
- Troubleshoot malfunctions using technical orders,
manufacturers' handbooks, local procedures, codes, and
- This position shall function as an integral team member,
cooperating with and supporting U.S. deployed forces, Kingdom of
Saudi Arabia (KSA) and shall share information with other integral
team members as required.
- Work with a diverse, international, and multi-skilled workforce
as well as work hand in hand with electricians.
- As required, be available within two (2) hours of notification
to meet on the installation with Government personnel.
- Ensure the successful delivery of services to 4,000 personnel,
plus or minus 10%, at all times.
- Responsible for proper utilization, accounting, and
safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property
(e.g., to include government facilities, equipment tools,
information and Data).
- Ensure contractual performance objectives are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require
wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection,
safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may
be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment.
- Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other
devices to maintain contact and accountability of work
- Work will be indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
- Overtime and shift work may be required depending on
contractual needs as well as occasional to frequent travel.
- Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local
regulations and published Company work rules as well as written
- Task specific work environment training maybe provided.
- Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency
environment to support U.S. interests.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting
up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping,
stretching, and bending.
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective
equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and
steel-toed boots as well as Individual Protective Equipment (IPE)
which may include but not limited to Level III plus/IV Individual
Body Armor with both front and back ballistic plates, ACH helmet,
clothing (undergarments, shirts and pants and/or coveralls),
reflective vests/belts, sound suppression devices, etc.
- Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office
activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time,
attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting
and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to
operating areas and walking up stairs.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and
experience will prevail.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of experience and certifications, USAF Power
Production (3E0X2) AFSC experience is HIGHLY DESIRED
- Commercial/Industry Power Generations certification(s),
Completion of Vocational school, or graduate from a DOD power
generation Tech School
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current U. S. Driver's
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 13
months of remaining validity AND 6 blank visa/stamp pages
- Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Candidate must also meet CENTCOM MOD-15 theater
- Principles of electronics and electricity including generation,
including computation and measurement of common properties
(resistance, inductance, capacitance, voltage, and current),
conversion, transformation, distribution, and utilization.
- Transformers and regulator operations and connection; grounding
and lightning protection systems.
- Types, capacity, and purpose of low/medium voltage circuits,
circuit breakers, switches, fuses, regulators, relays, instruments,
and meters associated with electric generation and
- Ability to interpreting instrument and meter readings as well
as wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and technical
- Techniques of operating and maintaining internal combustion
engines, generators, generating plants, distribution panels, and
accessory equipment and the use and purpose of test equipment.
- Safety rules and practices as well as environmental policies,
principles of management and the operation and repair of electrical
power production systems.
- Aptitude and skills for engines and chassis repair.
- Know and be able to apply the fundamentals of working on high
and low voltage energized lines.
- Applications of safety requirements related to installation and
maintenance of electrical distribution systems
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- Have knowledge on military and commercial publications and
- Pro-active, well organized, results-oriented, and team player
with decision-making ability
- Use computers & related software such as Microsoft Office and
other common products used in office environments
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with
documented supervisory experience.
- Experience in contingency environments as well as knowledge &
experience working with government contracts.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status,
genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: KBR, Houston , PSAB: Power Generation Site Technician, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!