Human Resources Business Partner - Ref Chem (Houston)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Human Resources (HR) Business Partner works with Ref-Chem
office located in Pearland, Tx and global practice management to
assist in delivering HR services in the most effective and
efficient manner to help drive business outcomes. This position
will contribute to our goal to be the strategic partner needed by
our constituents while providing outstanding programs and services.
This position sits at our Ref-Chem subsidiary office in Pearland,
- Establishes and maintains relationships between the Corporate
Services Human Resources Department and local office management to
facilitate the success of Burns & McDonnell's mission and
- Provides guidance and coaching to business units on issues
related to all areas of human resources management including:
employee relations, performance management, company policies,
labor-law legislation, and state and federal agency
- Partners with HR Specialty groups to effectively manage:
employee Leave of Absences, Short-Term Disability, FMLA requests,
Workers Compensation issues, OSHA requirements, relocation,
background checks, PTO issues, and unemployment claims.
- Works closely with Corporate Services Human Resources
department to assist with alignment and integration projects.
- Gathers, researches and evalutes factual information regarding
employee or management inquiries, including, suggestions, issues
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations and equal
opportunity issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective
- Provides performance management guidance to respective business
units (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary
actions). Researches, prepares for, and advises on matters
pertaining to performance improvement plans and disciplinary
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, increase productivity and
- Support alignment between people management strategies and the
existing business's policies and procedures, updating each as
- Provides input and feedback that enhances the delivery of
- Analyze company practices, suggestion improvements and drive
the implementation of those changes.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information.
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Training, Business, Human
Resourses or a related degree is required.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience working in human
resources-related field is required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in human resources in
the construction industry is required.
- Experience with employee relations required.
- Demonstrated creative and /or technical writing
- Ability to listen to employee-owner training needs, identify,
evaluate, and implement solutions.
- Must demonstrate ability to build strong relationships and
provide excellent client service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong
interpersonal skills, and the ability to clearly present complex
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Houston , Human Resources Business Partner - Ref Chem (Houston), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!