Senior Azure Data Engineer
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Azure Data Engineer
Please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are
- Part of a cross-disciplinary team, working closely with other
data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, data managers
and business partners.
- Architects, designs, implements and maintains reliable and
scalable data infrastructure.
- Writes, deploys and maintains software to build, integrate,
manage, maintain, and quality assure data.
- Adheres to and advocates for software engineering best
practices (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit
testing, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review,
- Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that
meets privacy and compliance requirements; develops, maintains and
improves CI / CD pipeline,
- Responsible for service reliability and following
site-reliability engineering best practices: on-call rotations for
services they maintain, responsible for defining and maintaining
- Design, build, deploy and maintain infrastructure as code.
Containerizes server deployments.
- Actively contributes to improve developer velocity.
- Mentors others.
- Deep knowledge in Azure (Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks,
Azure Synapse, Azure SQL DW, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Logic
Apps, Azure Storage Account, Azure Automation Account, Azure
- Deep and hands-on experience (typically 5+ years) designing,
planning, productionizing, maintaining and documenting reliable and
scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex
- Development experience in one or more object-oriented
programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++)
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Visualization: PowerBI
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in technologies across
all data lifecycle stages
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to lead large
organizations through influence
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset
- BS degree in computer science
- No prior experience in the energy industry required
- Nice to have: SAP / Finance / Tax experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at email@example.com or
Keywords: Apex Systems, Houston , Senior Azure Data Engineer, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!