Police Officer, University Police
Company: MD Anderson
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Police Officer role within the University of Texas Police
Department at Houston is to enforce the law; provide service,
information and aid to all citizens as circumstances require;
prevent crime; suppress disturbances; investigate criminal
offenses; and arrest offenders.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
Law Duties and Administration
- Perform law enforcement duties on the property under the
control and jurisdiction of the University of Texas System.
- Preserve the peace by the use of all lawful means, interceding
when authorized by law, to prevent or suppress crime.
- Execute all lawful processes.
- Arrest offenders with and without warrant when authorized by
- Investigate criminal offenses to detect and arrest criminals,
and recover stolen or lost property.
- Attempt to locate missing persons.
- Enforce traffic law by detecting violations, making violator
contacts, placing violators in custody or issuing citations or
- Investigate motor vehicle collisions.
- Prepare various written reports narrating law enforcement and
- Give credible testimony in the criminal courts of this state
and the United States.
- Confers with prosecuting attorneys, preserves evidence, and
maintain confidential information.
- Confers with local law enforcement, criminal justice and
emergency response agencies on matters of mutual interest.
Other Duties as Assigned
Including, but not limited to:
- Emergency recall and/or may be required to remain onsite or
work extended hours during man-made or natural disasters and
unusual occurrences on campus.
- Local or long distance travel may be required for training or
other business purposes occasionally.
Required: In accordance with current levels of education for
commissioned police officers of the University of Texas as adopted
by the Board of Regents. Successful completion of prescribed field
All of the following are required:
- Commissioned/licensed peace officer for the State of Texas
within 180 days of entry into job.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and
Education (TCOLE) Peace Officer License.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer
Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to
race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected
by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless
such distinction is required by law.
- Requisition ID: 136599
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the
provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Varied
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 52,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 65,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 78,000
- Science Jobs: No
Keywords: MD Anderson, Houston , Police Officer, University Police, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!