Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Senior Buyer will be responsible and accountable for the
following objectives -
- Understand and follow all DQI policies and procedures for
execution of their daily tasks, inclusive of all aspects related to
compliance and adherence to all laws of countries in which DQI
- Ensure that creation of POs is done in a timely manner (24
hours or less to convert requisitions) and that past due backlog
does not originate due to poor response time.
- Act in accordance with their relevant category strategies, and
that any and all contracts are adhered to without exception, unless
specific approval is requested for mitigating circumstances. Senior
buyers will be expected to work in close contact with Category
Managers to help understand and where possible collaborate on the
development of these strategies.
- If there is no contract or defined strategy covering a product
or service for which there is demand, then the Senior Buyer will
find the lowest cost supplier with the best lead time as required
by business operations while maintaining adherence to compliance
requirements and strategic (category management) playbook of
- Managing their open orders to ensure on time delivery,
including mitigating late deliveries with suppliers when the
suppliers are the cause of any delay.
- Managing the delivery dates for all open orders in the system
(Epicor), thus allowing the business to plan throughput accordingly
to ultimately meet customer expectations.
- Exhibit professional behavior towards both internal
stakeholders and customers (projects, manufacturing / operations)
and the supply base.
- Senior Buyers may be also asked to participate in project
review meetings to provide specific updates to internal
stakeholders regarding open POs related to these projects.
- Senior Buyer may be responsible to buy certain product families
on behalf of multiple locations across the globe, this requires
strong communication and management skills.
- Managing the strategic supply base relationships
- Understanding supply base risks (sole vs single source)
- Work cross-functionally to execute strategy and deliver cost
out, increase quality and reduce lead-times
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated work experience in the
disciplines listed in the core of the job description
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage both vendors and
- Outstanding communication skills, as global communication with
colleagues and internal stakeholders will be required
- Ability to work cross functionally as required and drive
initiatives across the different departments in the organization
(engineering, manufacturing, planning, legal)
- 5 years of relevant buying experience
- Negotiation experience
- Commercial background
- 10 + years of demonstrated work experience; 4 year and more
advanced degrees are welcome, but not required
- Experience in legal and commercial terms and conditions
- Ability to influence and drive actions across the different
teams in the organization
- 10 years + is preferred
- Formal negotiation training is preferred (i.e. Karrass or
- CPM / CPSM / MCIPS are all preferred, but not required
Keywords: Dril-Quip, Houston , Senior Buyer, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!