Senior Underwriter, Environmental
Company: American International Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Environmental Division of AIG has an opportunity for a
Senior Underwriter in the Houston office. This role is responsible
for retention and growth of all Environmental insurance products,
including Contractor's Pollution Liability and combined-form
primary General Liability and Pollution Legal Liability, with
corresponding Excess and Commercial Automobile.
The performance objectives for this position are as follows:
- Communicate risk appetite and NA Casualty Value Proposition to
- Collaborate with Distribution, Territory Managers, and other
line(s) of business underwriters to target desirable accounts and
cross selling opportunities from brokers.
- Rapidly evaluate, prioritize and select submissions to be
- Recognize and create cross selling opportunities for other AIG
General Insurance products.
- Work with brokers to understand deal structures, terms, and AIG
Services that best meets clients' needs.
- Negotiate pricing, terms & conditions, and deal structure with
brokers and clients.
- Participate in special underwriting projects as needed.
- Develop strong, long term relationships with brokers and
clients to profitably grow a book of business.
- Working with their manager, develop an individual business plan
that is in line with product strategies.
- Responsible for maintaining risk selection in adherence with
product guidelines and for achieving rate, renewal retention and
new business goals.
- Provide mentoring and training to less experience
- Provide superior customer service to brokers and clients.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Casualty and/or pollution insurance experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to work across multiple areas of company and
- Ability to work independently.
- Candidate should be positive, energetic, self-motivated;
possess strong interpersonal, communication and presentation
skills; be well-organized, and have strong negotiating skills.
- Team player a must.
- Knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management,
acquisition, and distribution.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment,
adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide
range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
- Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American
International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all
qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age,
gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status,
disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to
our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative
workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability.
Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in
each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only
respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
RISK SPECIALISTS COMPANIES INSURANCE AGENCY INC
Keywords: American International Group, Houston , Senior Underwriter, Environmental, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!