Assoc. HR Director, Commercial Americas
Company: LyondellBasell Industries
Posted on: June 12, 2021
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics,
chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its
employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and
products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges
like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible
packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger
and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel
efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring
the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances.
LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is
the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the
largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021,
LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's
Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year. Basic
Function The commercial segments consist of Advanced Polymer
Solutions ("APS") & Global Supply Chain, Olefins & Polyolefins
("O&P"), and Intermediates & Derivatives ("I&D") and
Refining. The Associate Human Resources Director, Commercial
Americas leads the implementation of global initiatives of the
businesses he/she they support through partnership and coordination
with local human resources professional in four regions. This is an
outstanding career opportunity for the experienced HR professional
who possesses a track record of success. The Associate HR Director
manages a team of 2-3 human resources business partners who have
responsibility for partnering with leaders and employees of the
commercial businesses for the U.S./Canada region. This position,
based in Houston, Texas, will partner with the leadership teams and
provide leadership focusing on various Human Resources areas such
as employee relations, talent development, talent acquisition,
performance management, succession planning, and general HR
policies and procedures. Roles & Responsibilities Responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
- Across the enterprise, serves as a senior advisor, counsel, and
confidante to the leaders and their respective organizations.
- Ensures the establishment of sound management practices,
aligned with HR policy procedure and practices, and consistent
decision-making processes across the lines of business.
- Leads and manages the regional Commercial HR team by providing
day-to day guidance and development.
- Shapes and drives strategic human resources activities to
develop high-value capabilities across the business and
- Works closely with the Sr. HR Director CHRO, US/CAN Region on
key initiatives that will drive operational efficiency, improve
overall quality and take cost out of the operations.
- Leads a comprehensive talent management and leadership
development strategy, including the identification of high
potential talent and evaluation. This includes identifying
leadership gaps and devising appropriate development plans and
- Develops a strong recruiting and workforce planning strategy to
stay ahead of attrition. Understands the associated KPIs and remove
- Provides HR support for the designated client groups to assist
in the achievement of business goals and objectives, providing
partnership with internal client leadership at all levels.
- Actively participate in and leads cross-business,
cross-geography, and/or company-wide HR work streams such as
succession planning, talent reviews, change management, training
and development, etc.
- Partners with leaders in the development and implementation of
organizational structure changes, including identifying impact and
assisting in the communication as needed.
- Proactively manages all employee relations issues and take
appropriate action to mitigate risks.
- In partnership with ER/LR, conducts investigations into
complaints of violations of Code of Conduct and human resources
policies, and provides written investigation reports to Legal and
- Participates on HR teams and special projects as
Min. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with a preference in Business Administration
or Human Resources Management. Graduate degree strongly
- Must have solid HR fundamentals and broad-based experience in
HR, with experience working on international HR issues.
- Requires 15+ years of experience in Human Resources, with
approximately five years leading Human Resources for a large,
employee intensive business/division; ideally having experience
with a globally dispersed workforce.
- Comfort working and communicating with employees at all levels
in geographically-dispersed business operations.
- Must have solid HR fundamentals and broad-based experience in
HR, including understanding of EEO laws and conflict
- Highly developed influencing and communication skills, combined
with the stature and experience to effectively represent the
Company before a variety of audiences.
- Have served as a confidante and partner to two or more senior
line management executives across all facets of human capital and
business strategy. Must be willing to challenge points-of-view when
appropriate, offering alternative constructive suggestions.
- Possess functional expertise in talent management, organization
design, change management, employee relations, recruiting and
staffing, training, and leadership/management development,
including succession planning.
- Be familiar with HR best practices including change,
motivation, and employee development. He/she will have change
management experience within a highly result-oriented
- Ensure operational excellence and have the analytical skills to
effectively analyze data, draw appropriate conclusions, and provide
useful and insightful recommendations.
- Good judgment and deals with ambiguity well; can operate in an
environment without a lot of structure.
- Be knowledgeable of the cultural differences that exist across
the world and how these might impact the development/executive of
Human Resources strategies.
- Highly collaborative orientation, with strong consultative,
analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication
- Strategic thinker with the ability to think and react in a
high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Authentic individual with impeccable integrity and level of
- Ego-less style: someone who puts the interests of the broader
team and the company's goals ahead of their own personal
- Confident, savvy, well prepared individual with the ability to
adapt quickly and advance the goals for the organization across all
- Collaborative facilitator, excellent relationship builder,
demonstrates compassion and loyalty for his/her colleagues across
all business functions and levels. Competencies Builds effective
teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates
courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and
exemplifies integrityMust be at least 18 years of age and must be
legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent
basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited rsums or
phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party
representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US
EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Keywords: LyondellBasell Industries, Houston , Assoc. HR Director, Commercial Americas, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!