Counter Parts Sales Rep
Posted on: June 12, 2021
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty
truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and
brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the
heavy-duty industry and apply today!
To service customers by phone or in person through sales of
heavy duty parts in accordance with identified customer needs and
availability of parts in order to make a profit for FleetPride.
Work requires substantial knowledge of items sold.
- Help determine and obtain heavy duty parts for customers as
requested by phone or in person. Suggest sale of related parts for
- Locate and obtain ordered part for customer from central
warehouse or branch.
- Determine sales price for customers for each sale in accordance
with company procedure.
- Handle warranty or defective parts for customers in accordance
with company procedure.
- Write up approved charge sale in accordance with company
- Special order parts on an emergency basis when necessary and
- Process approved credits for customer when merchandise is
- Maintain confidentiality of pricing lists and structures as
required by company procedure.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices,
availability, and product features.
- Provide customers with product catalogs.
- Utilize non-selling, non-servicing time by studying catalogs,
reviewing price sheets, bulletins, changes, additions, and
- Ensure that counter parts area is clean and in order. Ensure
that display areas encourage sales.
- Ensure that product catalogs are current. Discard old ones and
replace with new ones.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people
are communicating; taking time to understand the points being made,
asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at
- Communicating: Conveying information to others in an effective
- Time management: Managing one's time and the time of
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or
- Service orientation: Actively looking for ways to help
- Oral Expression: The ability to communicate information and
ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to understand information and
ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension: The ability to understand information
and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression: The ability to communicate information and
ideas in writing so others will understand.
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts
in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and
carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
Environmental / Physical Demands
Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal
Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise
OSHA approved steel toed safety shoes required from the first
day of this job.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge level of Windows XP (excel,
word and outlook)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sales; sales of heavy-duty
automotive parts preferred.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
duties requested by his or her supervisor.
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail,
service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
Keywords: FleetPride, Houston , Counter Parts Sales Rep, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!