Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding
the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and
diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve
great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to
bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision,
shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of
space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about
what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting
challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is
NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working together with
NASA at centers across the United States.
We are looking for a Contact Dynamics Aerospace Engineer to join
our team with ERC, Inc., a JETS teammate company. Do you have the
The Contact Dynamics Aerospace Engineer will:
- Perform the modeling and simulation of:
- Nonlinear contact dynamics
- Complex mechanical system kinematics and dynamics
- Multi-body dynamics
- Perform structural loads and dynamics analysis.
- Perform verification of mechanical system requirements through
test and analysis.
- Perform simulation-based analysis using Monte-Carlo
- Perform Data Post-processing, reduction, and
- Perform all other assigned duties.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on
the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we
reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which
this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering
- Experience with NASA developed TRICK simulation
- Familiarity with desktop software applications, MS Office is
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Python and/or C/C programming languages.
- Working knowledge of Creo CAD Software.
- Experience with Blender 3-D Software.
- Familiarity with the Linux Operating System.
Why Work on Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that
we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look
forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson
Space Center, please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a
requirement for this position.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which
the position is advertised.
Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or
outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90%
of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule
is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust
schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes
teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate
for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the
employee or others.