Maintenance Electrician I
Company: National Beverage
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position will require the ability to repair, maintain and
install production machinery, with a strong focus on electrical
systems and electrical troubleshooting. As a result, the right
candidate will have the knowledge in panel building, ladder logic
troubleshooting, motor controls and VFD installation, ability to
connect to and troubleshoot AB PLC's and panels, as well as
essential mechanical skills. Candidate will have the ability to
make small PLC program changes and up to writing and implementing
advanced logic. The successful candidate will use mustimeters, amp
probes, and other tools to troubleshoot electrical problems. Quick
line changeovers are also performed as necessary by this position.
To be successful, the individual will be familiar with electrical
schematics, ladder logic and various electrical drawings.
- Repair and maintain high speed filling, packaging, and support
- Practice safe work habits. Follows proper lock out tag out
procedures as required. Completes all OSHA required training as
required and correct any unsafe conditions as necessary.
Knowledgeable in OSHA laws and regulations.
- Responds to calls from line supervisors or operators to repair
equipment as needed.
- Provides breaks to machine operators or runs equipment when
- Performs package change-overs on equipment as required.
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance on equipment as
- Participates in daily meetings and reports maintenance
department objectives and opportunities.
- Installing/rebuilding various production or plant support
equipment as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic devices and hydraulic
- Develop preventative maintenance needs and requirements.
- Perform pipefitting activities for water, air, or hydraulic
- Fabricate machine small parts, brackets, or guards as
- Troubleshoot mechanical or electrical problems in a timely
- Independently performs all assignments after being given
general instructions as to the results expected.
- Takes the lead and initiates resolution of technical, unusual
or complex problems or issues.
- Interact with the public and other employees in a positive
manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Coordinates several projects at the same time while
prioritizing competing demands on time availability.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Troubleshoot digital and analog systems.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Technicians will be exposed to various unfamiliar
conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn
and which may include but not limited to air respirator, safety
glasses and ear plugs. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate, but increases significantly in warehouse and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, must be
able to lift up to 50 pounds and may be required to push or pull
with a dolly or pallet jack up to 500 lbs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information,
reports and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries
or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or company
representatives. Ability to effectively present information to
peers and management.
- High School Diploma or GED. Some technical college
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience in related field with proven
industry experience, food and beverage experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret machine/electrical
drawings and schematics.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in Microsoft Office
products including Excel and Word.
- PLC experience a must.
- Excellent AC and DC circuit knowledge.
- Knowledgeable in electrical installations for main and control
power wiring as well as installing conduit.
- Developing action plans and implementing related corrective
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Refrigeration system knowledge and experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Favorable background and drug exam.
- Ability and willingness to work 12 hour shifts and the
flexibility to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include
days, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
Shasta Beverages, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities
to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, genetics,
gender identity, disabled veterans or sexual orientation.
Since its founding in 1889, Shasta Beverages, Inc. has been a
beverage industry pioneer and family-trusted staple in America,
with over 30 unique, innovative and distinctive soft drink flavors.
Shasta has a flavor for everyone -- ranging from the new California
Dreamin' and Fiesta Punch to such familiar favorites as Crme Soda
and Root Beer. For more information, please visit www.shastapop.com
or Shasta Soda on Facebook and Twitter.
Shasta is part of the National Beverage Corp. family of iconic
Keywords: National Beverage, Houston , Maintenance Electrician I, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!