Community Health Worker - SugarLand
Company: Memorial Hermann
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Evening shift - from 2p-10:30p
Must train FT during the day for the first 2-3 weeks
Connects un-insured and under-insured populations with community
health and social service resources and benefits. Identifies as
needed medical, mental health, and dental homes; links with
providers; completes eligibility applications. Addresses barriers
to access, and provides follow-up all with the goal of assuring
that this population can benefit from, and become knowledgeable
regarding, the best community resources for their individual
Education: High School graduate or GED required with two (2)
years experience working in a community healthcare services setting
or Bachelors degree in health services, public health, sociology,
psychology or related field
Licenses/Certifications: Certified as a Community Health Worker
or obtained within 12 months of employment
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Knows and understands specific health issues and understanding
of health care/social service system
- Advanced computer skills
- Bi-lingual preferred
Must have ability to perform complex and diverse administrative
duties that involve application of procedures, independent
analysis, interpretation of data and demonstrated appropriate
Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Obtains demographic, insurance and financial information, and
health and social needs from patient. Enters information in
computer system with a high degree of accuracy.
- Communicates health information, makes referrals to health and
social service providers, and schedules appointments.
- Advocates on behalf of the patient and family.
- Enters required information in the computer system in an
accurate and timely manner.
- Coaches patient and family on getting community resources.
- Explains all required eligibility applications to the patient
and helps complete applications for services.
- Enters information in computer system with a high degree of
- Provides complex counseling identifying alternative resources
for patient care.
- Educates family on the role and expectations of medical and
dental homes, the role of primary care providers for non-acute
conditions, and the importance of preventive health care.
- Monitors, reviews and resolves patient needs. Follows up after
visit to determine effectiveness and follow-through of referral and
if there is further need of assistance.
- Functions as a subject matter expert to the department
regarding community health resources.
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner and
maintains positive relationships with physicians, nursing and
business office staff, care management, and community
- Completes thorough and accurate documentation.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann, Houston , Community Health Worker - SugarLand, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!