Sr. ServiceNow Analyst
Company: Targa Resources
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Sr. Analyst - ServiceNow is skilled in the configuration of
the ServiceNow application and provides support services to end
users. The Sr. Analyst is responsible for maintaining and
monitoring the ServiceNow environment to maximize availability and
performance, provide troubleshooting and corrective action to
resolve business issues, and insures the usability and support for
application enhancements and bug fixes. The Sr. Analyst will act as
a Subject Matter Expert for application functionality, solutions,
training, and documentation. Although the Sr. Analyst position is
not a pure development role it will require the use of some
development/programmer competencies to complete work efforts.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain end-to-end understanding of the functional workings of
ServiceNow and associated business processes.
- Provide functional and/or technical support on assigned service
requests and incidents.
- Implementation and configuration of new solutions in ServiceNow
that meets requirements and considers user experience.
- Develop and support integrations between ServiceNow and other
- Monitor incoming service requests and incidents.
- Investigate and diagnose service requests or incidents
according to their priority/rank and identify the resolution and/or
- Work directly with users to identify and resolve issues
adversely impacting business processes.
- Define technical solutions ensuring considerations for system
stability, performance, and ongoing maintainability.
- Identify solution alternatives to address issues raised
throughout service request or incident lifecycle.
- Utilize 3rd parties and vendor support as defined within
existing support arrangements and escalate additional (billable)
support to appropriate IT management for approval.
- Adheres to and champions the IT Governance programs (e.g.
incident management, change management, communication, and release
- Complete functional/technical designs and associated estimates
to meet defined requirements.
- Monitor application backlog (service requests, incidents) and
keep open items updated with current efforts.
- Maintain documentation (run books, requirements, design
documents, build, deployment, install guides) and process standards
along with regular audits to validate accuracy.
- Develop documentation and provide training to users as
- Define potential improvement changes to resolve errors, prevent
the recurrence of problems or improve system maintainability and
- Provide input to IT Project Management Office to support clear
and concise requirements definitions.
- Assist team members handling major incidents; identify the root
cause and short or long term solutions.
- Informally mentor less experienced team members on an as needed
- Prevent the replication of problems by sharing lessons learned
and best practices with other team members and IT Management.
- Develops customer relationships by making efforts to listen and
understand the customer; anticipating and providing solutions to
customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, and/or equivalent
work experience in a related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience supporting/administering
ServiceNow including configuring an ITSM service catalog and
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in application development or
a programming language
Experience or familiarity with VB, .NET and related or similar
HTML, and CSS)
- Have performed multiple ServiceNow upgrades.
- Experience with Common Database platforms (Oracle, MySQL, SQL,
- Familiarity with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS)
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts and the ability to follow
problem, change, and incident management processes and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude
for problem solving.
- Must be able to independently resolve issues and efficiently
self-direct work activities based on the ability to capture,
organize, and analyze information.
- Experience delivering solutions that align with business
- Experience troubleshooting complicated issues across multiple
systems and driving to solutions.
- Experience supporting resources performing user acceptance,
regression and other required system tests, ensuring that system
and/or related integration issues that arise are identified,
researched and closed in a timely manner.
- Experience providing technical solutions to non-technical
- Demonstrated team building skills.
- Ability to deal with internal employees and external business
contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented
- Willingness to travel to company locations (up to 5%)
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- ITIL v4 Foundations certified.
- ServiceNow Certifications (Administrator, IT Service
- Working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Technologies
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All
employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing
reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious
beliefs and practices.
Keywords: Targa Resources, Houston , Sr. ServiceNow Analyst, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!